Thread: 80's Jap Ednar 4 x 40 WIDE - Valuation, if you please?

80's Jap Ednar 4 x 40 WIDE - Valuation, if you please?

Hi folks.

I acquired a nice era correct Jap Tasco for my HW85, so the trusty 4x40 Ednar that I bought with the rifle originally back in the 80's has been sat in a box unused ever since.

I was thinking about keeping it in case another classic rifle found it's way into the cabinet, but i fear that is unlikely to happen anytime soon, so it's probably better if it goes to someone who will appreciate it atop a period rifle...

It's an Ednar 4x40WIDE model - bought new by me from the Sportsman in Paignton circa 83/84'ish i would say.

It was sat on my 85K for 25 years, before being replaced by the Tasco. It has a few mount marks & the odd tiny dink from general use, but all in all still very presentable - the optics are crystal clear.

Could any of you possibly give me an idea as to what I should ask for it?

I have read through the valuation rules & once I know what to ask for it, I shall create an advert for it.

Thanking you in advance, Chris.

A couple of pics below:

Good deals with Swinscoe, Knockedover, rich_morris, Steeleye, Manxteddy & Chief Wiggum

Quite a few Jap scopes from that era come up for sale, sometimes badged as Originals, Tasco, etc. Generally something with those specs seems to sell for around the £25 posted mark, I have bought for less, and I have occasionally paid a little more (but not a lot)...

This IS a more basic model - but check out 230660819639 on the bay of evil.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS