Thread: Another mystery gun - a real oldie

Another mystery gun - a real oldie

http://imageshack.us/g/80/36746844f1419fad47b6.jpg/

Looks like "one of those"

Any ideas?
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Looks like one of those German fairground rifles that fires 4.4mm ball. Is it branded "Mars" by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
    Looks like one of those German fairground rifles that fires 4.4mm ball. Is it branded "Mars" by any chance?
    Vendor says no markings and offers no information at all, he says he has no idea what it is.

The octagonal (?) barrel and the engraving tends to elevate the gun above the status of a fairground rifle, I would think.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

The vertical cocking arm/bolt suggests strongly that the previous idea is correct ... a 4.4mm fairground 'gallery' type rifle. There could (should) be a slot forward of the trigger to take a magazine. Many were made by Haenel e.g. mod 33 but I do not think it is one of those. Anschutz also made them ... indeed I think parts may still be available. If you google 'gallery guns' or 4.4mm rifles you may well come up with more information. Not very powerful but good fun.
    Cheers, Phil

Could it be a very early German Diana gallery gun?
    ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

edbear2 Guest
    ..never though I would ever see one in the flesh!....I am sure it is a rare version of the

Meisterluftwaffenstutzenshutzenperfektstrafenleibe nsfrausubermaussparkassenleiter'

More info here;

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ht=soup+dragon

Mauserverschluss

If it's not the uber-rare Meisterluftwaffleflip then possibly a "Mauserverschluss" made by Oscar Will/ Venuswaffenwerk. A long-running design of a bolt action airgun for youngsters, mimicking pre-WW1 Mauser military rifles. Ok I didn't know this but remembered seeing something similar in W.H.B Smith's book "Gas, Air and Spring guns of the World" ( picture on page 124 ).

torrens