Thread: AA sidelevers.

AA sidelevers.

I have recently acquired a .22 AA Carmague sidelever. It handles really well. Infact it is one of the best handling rifles i have ever owned. It is well balanced, but its the Tyrolean stock that makes the difference. It allows the cheek to position itself perfectly,for me anyway. I will search for more details ref AA sidelevers,but if anyone has any useful information, please let me know. I am also on the lookout for a .177 Carmague,just got to get one.

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkpanther View Post
    I am also on the lookout for a .177 Carmague,just got to get one.
    I just checked - unfortunately, the one I have in my 'to sell' list is a .22...
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

I have 2 camargues, 1 x r/h and a super rare l/h both in .22. I shoot l/h and its probably my favourite of the 20 or so rifles i have. .177`s are hard to find as the model came out when .177`s were not considered to be as powerful as the .22 so were not very popular.
    If you need any technical info let me know.

try this

http://www.jackals-lair.com/

i love'm too,i've got a jackel hi-power

check out the rex brown woodsman,owned by a mate of mine
    Sako A7.270,b14hmr 6.5cm,Weatherby vanguard.223,Browningt-bolt.17hmr,Ruger American.22l,M1903 30/06,Marlin.44 and a fireball throwing m44

Quote Originally Posted by verminatormjc View Post

Crumbs!!

I had one of those but felt compelled to let a chap have it due to a mistake!!

I was selling a Sussex Armouries Jackal in the local Admag,(plastic stock but no idea which model) and a lad phoned at 11.30pm , at first I thought it was a mate messing about but it turned out to be a genuine enquiry..
    He asked what bus to catch to get to mine, I had no idea having not used a bus in twenty years so I asked him to phone back the next day at a 'more reasonable' hour..

The phone rang the next day and the chap said 'it's about the Jackal' so I said, give me your address and i'll fetch it over..

I went with the rifle to the house which wasn't exactly the same district that I was told the previous night but very close..

The bloke paid me the £30 for the pseudo military rifle but he didn't sound the same as the previous night so I asked, "you did phone last night didn't you??"

Nope says he

when I explained that I had thought he was someone else he wouldn't let me have it back

The lad phoned when I got back and was really upset so I said that he could have the 8" barrelled wooden stocked one for the same price (it was twice the gun that the plazzie one was), he was overjoyed but I was pi55ed off

I wish i'd kept me gob shut!!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    Quote Originally Posted by verminatormjc View Post

Thanks for the interesting link! I will need to go through the photos shown there to check the accuracy of my list, but I have:

Jackal AR7
    2 Jackal Hi-Powers
    2 x Jackal Woodsmans
    Jackal Parabellum?
    AA Combat
    AA Khamsin
    AA Carmargue
    2 x AA Mistrals
    AA SE90
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com