Thread: pellgun oil

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

pellgun oil

I Have just bought an asg 6,, dan wesson revolver,i used to use pellgun oil on my cp88,will it be ok to use it with this gun aswell,sorry if its a daft thing to ask,but i dont know much about c02 guns.
    cheers
    buster 123

Quote Originally Posted by buster 123 View Post
    I Have just bought an asg 6,, dan wesson revolver,i used to use pellgun oil on my cp88,will it be ok to use it with this gun aswell,sorry if its a daft thing to ask,but i dont know much about c02 guns.
    cheers
    buster 123
    its the only oil to use, made for co2 other oil will damage the seals.
    You tube channel bassmanrich44 2000 subscribers and counting! 5000 now

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Or you can use M9D CO2 & SSP Gun Oil -

http://umarexboysclubforum.myfinefor...about5725.html

Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

I've read one should (or could) use silicon spray (non fatty/greasy lubricant) - untrue?

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by RJVB View Post
    I've read one should (or could) use silicon spray (non fatty/greasy lubricant) - untrue?
    Only if you clean it off all metal to metal wear areas and then lube them correctly, silicone oil is worse than nothing on metal to metal applications as it makes a nice grinding paste!
    On Umarex pistols the CO2 lube will get on the metal mag and metal mag advance system.

- Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Grinding paste? How so? I'm talking about the sort of lubricant used for (precision) locks, but also applications like sleeved brake/clutch cables. You wouldn't want something that only wears them down quicker there, so are we talking about the same kind of product?
    (flashback to my schooldays ... silicon atoms can theoretically replace the carbon atoms in organic compounds without changing the 3D molecule structure too much so I guess it's not because sand contains a lot of silicates that all silicon oil is grinding paste?)

PS: I guess it's still better than good ole WD40? )