Thread: Diana G46

Diana G46

Hi all been trying to find a rough value through the threads to this rifle to no avail, so a little help would be most gratefully welcomed.

It's a diana G46 in a nice condition missing rear open sight & might need a lube,with nikko stirling silver crown 6x40wa also nice condition.

Many thanks Stewit

The Diana G46 was one of Milbro's offerings and as such is not in great demand.
    I would estimate the value at around the £50 mark.
    ATB
    Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

Diana G46

Thanks Eric is that including scope.

Regards Keith

g46

was looking at an 80s ad last night think they where £under £50 new.

Quote Originally Posted by stewit View Post
    Thanks Eric is that including scope.

Regards Keith
    No Keith, sell the scope seperately.
    Eric
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

Quote Originally Posted by basa View Post
    was looking at an 80s ad last night think they where £under £50 new.
    They certainly were Basa, and in 1980 a FWB Sport was £97!
    ATB
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Herpquest View Post
    They certainly were Basa, and in 1980 a FWB Sport was £97!
    ATB
    Eric
    seems like yesterday,time certainly flies Eric,some mornings looking in the mirror,i hardly recognize the old duffer looking back.Would be nice to have one of them wardrobes that when you step out the back of it,its another time,i could certainly fill my car up, at the local gun shop.

G46

Hello , The G46 was also called the Targetmaster , i dont think they came with a rear site at the breech , but it should have Milbro's own diopter on it, they are quite unusual and i think it would be worth a bit more than £50 , but thats only my opinion , i've had a couple and they have all been .22 , hope this may help you .

rgds kevin

Quote Originally Posted by basa View Post
    seems like yesterday,time certainly flies Eric,some mornings looking in the mirror,i hardly recognize the old duffer looking back.Would be nice to have one of them wardrobes that when you step out the back of it,its another time,i could certainly fill my car up, at the local gun shop.
    You're not wrong Basa. When I cast my mind back to 1960 when I first started work, it was a different world! My first wage was £3-4 shillings and sixpence and you could buy a house for £500.

stewit/diana

Stewit sorry for the thoughtless post,re under £50 new, did not mean to suggest thats its worth now,far from it, looks a very nice little rifle,and the write up in the mag gave it the thumbs up, as a grown up full power hunting tool,good luck with your sale.

G46

Thanks to all for their input,it's is in .22 and there's nowhere to fix the rear sight at the breach so just the scope rail as was suggested a target rifle.
    Many thanks again Keith.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Yes, the G46 targetmaster. Originally it came with a Diopter sight, there never was a rearsight (M31 diopter?? Milbro made, only the Brits would make a target rifle in .22) and is quite an unusual Milbro it has to be said. I'd say more than £50, though you dont have the diopter it seems. Looks to be in very good nick, is that the original finish? I'd go for £70-90 at a guess.

G46

Hi yes it's all original finish couple of small patches of wear to the blueing and the finish to the stock feels a bit dry in places,is it possible to get hold of the diopter sight,would look nice next to my osprey supertarget.

Thanks again all Keith
    Last edited by stewit; 17-01-2012 at 10:28 AM.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    You do ocassionally find the diopters, Protek supplies had one some months back (sold now) and I found one with another gun some time back I think Milbro called it the G31, if my memory serves correctly.