Thread: dilemma/headache

dilemma/headache

hi
    i want to buy myself a pistol for long range plinking in my garden i have 40 yards and open fields to shoot in.

Ive narrowed it down to hw45, fn8, brocock grand prix,or Rohm Twinmaster,
    ive got pcp rifles so charging is no problem. please share your thoughts on my choices pros and cons
    ie what would you go for thanks in advance.
    brian

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    You need to hold each -
    The HW45 has a classic 1911 shaped grip with curved backstrap
    The Rohm has a nicely shaped anatomical grip with palm shelf and adjustable trigger reach.
    The other have nice actions and if the chairlegs they stick on them and call a grip fit you they might fit the bill
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two
    I have a Brocock and a Rohm, I would go for the Rohm if funds allow. It is MUCH more comfortable to grip than the Brocock. If you want full power, drop magicniner a pm for a tuning kit. For longer distances it should do the job. I shoot mine out to 25 yards+ no bother.
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

Have you checked out the Diana LP8 Magnum? I got one a while back, it's one big break barrel pistol that does 5+lbs out the box.
    Very well made.

http://www.airgunstate.co.uk/shop/Di...um_-_.177.html

Customer Reviews
    A monster of a pistol!
    Geoff B - Wirksworth
    This is a real beast of an air-pistol - powerful and relatively heavy, but it's beautifully balanced, solidly built, well-made, and great fun. The spring is powerful but no problem when you get used to it, and delivers a real punch. I particularly like the way cocking the gun automatically applies the ambidextrous safety, and the spring-loaded ball that ensures a good seal. The fibre-optic sites are fine, and while I've tried a red dot sight I've reverted to the open sights. Diana is a very reputable German company and the LP8 clearly lives up to their high standards