Thread: Hello from Cobham, Surrey

Hello from Cobham, Surrey

Hi

I used to shoot most days in fields around Suffolk (Framlingham) and Shropshire (Wrokwardine, Telford) - funny how the only company you need sometimes is a gun and a dog!

Of the air rifles I have had:

My first:

A Gamo of some sort from memory (.177). Ordered a new spring from a catelogue (pre-internet days!). Ordered the wrong size, gave it to a regimental armourer who cut it down and managed somehow to squeeze it in. I realise now that was not a clever thing to do but it was a great rifle, even after the barrel started to bend a bit and my right arm bicep was the size of a watermelon!

Then and for the longest period:

HW95
    Tasco scope

Add:

HW45 pistol (plinking)

Then:

I used my father's Theoben Eliminator for a few years till he started trying to lease it to me!

Anyway...I have decided to take up shooting again although just some paper punching on the range (assuming my club membership gets approved!)

I am looking at 10m target air pistols as this is something I can do a bit of at home as well.

I have already had some very useful feedback on a couple of questions I have posted so my thanks already to the forum - much appreciated!!

Cam

hello and welcome

Welcome to the forum.

You don't mention what club you are joining, but you have plenty of choice in Surrey.

Have fun.

hi and welcome

hi Cam,
    welcome buddy

A very warm welcome to this fine forum Cam it’s good to have you join us ………………….…

Warm welcomes much appreciated.

Bookham Rifle Club just near me in Leatherhead is the club I have applied for.

2 month waiting list and the usual checks to get through but all good things come to those who wait...or at least, I hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by aclf101 View Post
    Warm welcomes much appreciated.

Bookham Rifle Club just near me in Leatherhead is the club I have applied for.

2 month waiting list and the usual checks to get through but all good things come to those who wait...or at least, I hope so!
    Damn fine club and some of the best shots in the county at all disciplines. Seem to be able to promote new members through the ranks. You've chosen well.

Hi & welcome to the BB's.
    I'm sure you'll like it here.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.