Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: inherited vintage air rifles and spares help needed

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two
    Pics on the way shortly, just uploading them all now.
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

all of them

cheers mate

Quote Originally Posted by OLD JUD View Post
    As stated above, a full description of each gun is needed. Plus good quality photo's, if you need photo's hosting then email them to the address in my profile.

You may not want offers by PM, but don't collapse with shock if you get offers by email.....
    Quote Originally Posted by bat7x64 View Post
    hi all
    well i have been and there is loads of stuff for the old BSA underlevers and also webley mk3`s and webley air pistols and some of it looks mint .
    i have a load of pictures of the stuff 32 in all i could of taken more pictures but i used all 8 new batteries which i had for the camera. if anyone can help please send me your email address as i cannot post pictures on here.

thanks very much.
    Did you miss this post of mine?
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

Depending on how much time you have to ID and list individual items on evilbay...

You could make a good few grand out of that lot

Very nice collection of spares
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

" THANKS "

Paul4be, Well over a £1000 there, Best of luck with the sales, Ged.

Isn't it brilliant how the internet brings out treasures like this. Collecting must have been wonderful back in the day, or was he perhaps an airgunsmith. Is that really a huge stash of pre war bsa rear and front sights I see before me !
    I wonder if they will get sold on here or go on the bay. I wonder how good a price one of the parts wholesalers like Knibbs would pay.
    Cheers
    Last edited by silva; 21-01-2012 at 12:12 AM.
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

WOW! That's a fascinating collection of parts. Very hard to quantify though. There's a number of parts that I can see on just two three pics that on their own could easily add up to £1000 if sold one by one on the auction site - and probably over a period of time so as not to saturate the market!

The real question with a haul like that is how much effort you want to put into selling them? If I were you, I would bundle all the Diana parts (at least the ones made in Scotland) into a single lot and let them sell at whatever price they make together.

The older Webley and BSA parts are another matter. With the right level of sorting by model number, they will amount to a far more valuable haul than if sold unidentified. It would take a fair bit of effort but it could pay dividends.

Alternatively, you could try to sell them in lots to one of the dealers in airgun parts - such as John Knibbs or Chambers. They would no doubt want to pay less than you'd get for them sold individually at auction, but it would involve a lot less hassle.

A final option would be to consult privately with some of the members on here - Lakey and edbear2 spring to mind as two people who can identify vintage BSA parts at 20 paces without too much brain ache.

Once you'd worked out what was what, you could then sell the parts in a series of ads in the collectables section. This would ensure they went to the people who really needed them and help to bring as many old guns back to life as possible.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Pic 9!

The ubiquitous Sharp Innova Rear Sight top right

There is always one in every large spares collection

That's 50 quid straight off if listed on evilbay

As I say

There is a few grand here 2.5-3K at a guess
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Wow! What a treasure trove of goodies. Great find

hi all,

i am starting to think this is a very good find i did not take a picture of any of the air cylinders or actions or stocks after 3 hrs of taking photos and 8 batteries it was time for home.

just by what you can see do you all really think that there is around the £2000 of spares because if there is and i am only thinking aloud now i will not be selling them to knibbs or chambers but maybe would like a group of collectors to get together and purchase the whole collection warts and all and help other collectors.

just a thought.

regards

In order to realise top money you will have to list the spares on the bay a bit at a time. If you sold them as a job lot, you wouldnt get top dollar for them. Of course you could list them on here, however you need to work out a price for the stuff. You could just say " all rearsights £20" for argument sake, and "all foresights £10" however that wouldnt be maximising on the collection

As has been said before, if you want to realise top dollar for the spares, do a bit of research, and list them seperately over time. Some bits could only make £1 or £2, whilst other bits could make £80+ , its knowing which is which

Probably the easiest way is to list on evil-bay with all auctions on a 99p start price, that way each item will find its own level, but beware of flooding the relatively small market - you will need to list the items over a fair period of time say a year or more in order to get best prices

It all depends how much time you want to put to it

Good luck

Lakey

Hi I know it's a long way off and there is a lot off sorting out to do but would it be possible to keep the collectors section informed on your decision on how you will eventually sell this collection. If you go through E.bay maybe put a new thread on hear with the details. This way you will get more potential buyers Thanks Mark
    Last edited by Emsill; 21-01-2012 at 08:42 AM.

That is a serious stash, I wouldn't be in any rush to off load it, get some some help to ID as much as you can then decide the best way to sell it, maybe even give it a wipe with fine wire wool & oil to stabilise it? would be nice to see some of it at Sutton coldfield, atb with it.....

Wow..

What a lot of Kit..What Vintage Air Rifles are there???..The BSA Pre-War Spares alone would keep you busy for a year selling them..Just think how many guy's on here that are desperate for Bit's for Pre-War BSA's Alone..Good luck what ever you do..

Regard's

Inproved...