Thread: 7.3 Heritage?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

7.3 Heritage?

Hi
    Thought this might be the place to look for any section 7.3 owners. I have just taken the first steps to applying for section 7.3 Have joined a suitable club and spoken to my local firearms licensing department, But would appreciate guidance and advise from others that have actually been down this road.
    Last edited by ferrit; 28-08-2012 at 06:49 PM.

My club has just got provisional heritage status, just waiting for some minor arrangements to be put in place. One of the guys got a variation to have a 7.3 which took just 2 days.
    “If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?” :- Prince Philip said after Dunblane

Go for it....the more people that do this the better....

For simplicity.....

. Go for something pre 1919 or be prepared to argue it's historic value if later.

. Absolutely stick to the rules.

. Try to establish a theme to your intended collection......service revolvers, early target pistols etc.

. Get some books and downloads for the type of pistol and it's ammunition that you want, so that you can demonstrate academic interest.

. Buy the best you can.....but be careful of over inflated dealer prices.

. Beware of obscure makes as you might not be able to get spares if you need them.

. Again...absolutely stick to the rules. Don't be tempted to load ammunition at home and smuggle it to the range...since sec 7:1 and sec 7:3 started I have not heard of there being any issues of abuse....if there ever is it will jeopodise the only thing that we have left for everyone.
    Showing responsibility I believe is the best way to getting the rules relaxed.....although I doubt that things will ever go back to where they were.

Dick.

Agree

I agree with everything that Triumph says.
    In addition it helps to have the pistol as part of a collection. This needn't be a collection of pistols, for example you may have all the battle rifles used during the first World War by the major combatants. Now you would like to add the pistols to your collection. So Webleys (several marks are relevant), Luger, Mauser, Lebel, then Colt M1911, also S&W & Colt revolvers in .455 etc.
    Since this is a collection, in theory, the Police should grant multiple applications but some Police Services will not allow general listings (one .455 revolver) but insist on serial numbers before authorisation.
    I have been collecting since before the ban and can honestly say that I have learnt more from the (almost monthly) Heriage meetings than from all my study of books. There is a wealth of knowledge out there.
    However the NRA is doing its best to stamp out Heritage Pistols by increasing the costs for storage and range hire until they are beyond my ability to pay.

Hey majex maybe you should consider 1066 club, we expect to be up and running as a heritage site in a matter of weeks.

http://www.1066rifleandpistolclub.co.uk/
    “If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?” :- Prince Philip said after Dunblane

Opening soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeless Coal View Post
    Hey majex maybe you should consider 1066 club, we expect to be up and running as a heritage site in a matter of weeks.

http://www.1066rifleandpistolclub.co.uk/
    Now, why didn't I think of that?
    Shhhhhhh... they'll all want some.