Thread: Hello from Redditch

Hello from Redditch

Hi guys and gals, nice to meet you all.

I have been what you might call addicted to air guns since the age of 7 when my father (after 6 hours of "please dad, please dad , please dad") get me get an air pistol from the beach front shop in Mablethorp (sp) In my late teens I went I got a HW77 .22 from the local gun shop after much showing of ID and I am guessing paying over the odds as a "new lad" anyway, that lead to back garden target shooting with nobody else to ask advice from (i am 40) back then the internet was still in a lab some place being used by scientists to send 10's of kilobytes to other 300 baud phone cup modems, I digress.

About a month ago I was on my way back from xmas with my parents when I spotted a SIGN it read "SPORTS AND HUNTING GOODS", slammed the breaks on and went in, I Have a working barn that has a rat issue , I have used poison and traps and all sorts they return unabated each year. "Right" says me I am going to get me a gun, so I had a quick look round saw most of the things wih £1500 price tags and found an SMK 98 with a nice thumbhole stock brass bolt brass trigger, .22 looked the business, The local gunshop owner was only to happy to sell me the gun at the knock down price of 158 quid along with a "free" bag and 10 c02's.

Away I went happy as a pig in, well you know what, I have always known what and air gun is capable of "roughly" by the yellow pages test, now I had several old style "before" the internet made it into a small magazine Yellow pages around so away I went, Accupels 14.66grs which I know from my HW77 days is about 11.5ft/lb. Bang .. hmmm maybe i loaded the pellet backwards", again BANG, what the... I tried my Airsoft M4 ok not as much of a hole but not far off, what's going on I thought, I had a friend with a Chrono, I thought I would get him a pint and ask to use it, 5.2ft.lb, the thing would have been legal as a pistol! UpsetI contacted the original gun shop who then turned into a bunch of bares with bad teeth, sufice to say I had the SMK sent off to be ground and ported and ringed and the lot 38 quid later I have 11.26ft lb ! woo hoo, The thing actually kills rats now rather than making them jump abit.

Last Sunday I went on the "winddy worster" shoot, had a fantastic time and realised a Chinese .22 with a £38 scope was not the best tool ever for target shooting, I managed to come last unsurprisingly but not nearly as last as I thought I would come, and really enjoyed myself, no gun snobbery great people Pro's experts a plenty, learned alot so I am now of the hunt for an AA 400 MPR 177 and a diving tank

I co run a company that makes locking wrist watches for alzimers and autistic kids that uses GPS and Cellular tech to tell you where the little blighter's are on a google map and warn you well before it even gets to that stage, been at that for the past 4 years was a radar engineer prior and generally love electronics , big cars and guns.

SO That's me, great to meet you all and I hope to develop relationships people such as with costume stock makers and people who can generally make my target shooting more enjoyable!

Nice to meet you all

Fox/Spencer

hello from just down the M5

Wow, not far at all, I love the internet for getting to know people inside a 100 mile radius you can go have a shoot with , good to meet you

Fox

How do! Nice introduction plenty of information on the forums

hi & great wecome post !!!, my step son has got adhd & autism etc,,,, & one of them gps things sounds like a plan but he does not get lost that easy ha-ha

however joking aside have fun on here & enjoy shooting...

Quote Originally Posted by subaru swift View Post
    hi & great wecome post !!!, my step son has got adhd & autism etc,,,, & one of them gps things sounds like a plan but he does not get lost that easy ha-ha

however joking aside have fun on here & enjoy shooting...
    How old is your autistic step son? we have a range of models the ones for the smaller kids are a bit more technical and need a medium to good phone reception in your area, the adult one which still fits kits is more expensive but no monthly fee's for the first 12 months, we have to pay the cell phone guys there dues you see, we dont profit from it we just charge you what they charge us, you can go and have a look at www.lok8u.com , but I will be on personal beck and call if you decide to go for one. I dont do much personal interaction as the company is so big now I just hide in my corner and take royalties and a pay cheque, but I would be happy to work with you to find a solution to you woe's

All depends if he is a "wanderer" they seem to love train tracks or anything with long straight lines and of course WATER! check your family budget as the months costs can be up to £10 and the initial cost is gonna be mates rates about £100 quid for the kids one, the adult (when i say adult its kids too, just we has some marketing guy charge us 10 grand to call it Adult) one is going to be out on the market in about 2 weeks thats a fair bit more 300-325 quid but no per month for the first year, and I'm sure I can wangle you a few discounts but Its not a small amount.

Anyway enough about work.

Good to meet you

Quote Originally Posted by brettguise View Post
    How do! Nice introduction plenty of information on the forums
    Pleasure to me you to! I hope to see you at a competition one day!

Quote Originally Posted by subaru swift View Post
    but he does not get lost that easy ha-ha
    Just spotted that bit, if your step son has lower level autism and is able to find his way home and understand be back by 9 (+/2 hours) boys huh, then you dont need my watch, i'd just be taking your money for nothing.

This is more aimed at the no verbal extream end. The real hard cases. anyway again good to meet you

Hi & welcome to the BB's.
    Loads of local ish peeps on here & I'm sure your amongst friends allready
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

Great intro ..

A very warm welcome to this fine forum it’s good to have you join us ………………….…

As many are, I'l looking for an AA 4000 MPR setup, is it possible to access the sales section please?

Fox