Thread: intro

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Talking intro

Hello all,

Over 20 yrs since I owned an air rifle and things have changed a bit! Looking to teach my two boys (9 and 11). The eldest his doing his master at arms with the scouts and they're both very keen on the sport. I'm lucky to have a 10 m corridor in my cellar which I reckon I can modify without to much trouble and as long as I keep the power down it should be safe. Haven't bought a thing yet but looking at things like gamo delta for the boys - one of the boys is a lefty so the ambi stock is useful or maybe a wh25 (second hand if I can find it - hens teeth spring to mind). Opinions/suggestions?

Looking forward to plinking and teaching (and learning again) - trying to bid for gun cabinets through the evil empire at the moment but finding pricing skewed/inconsistent. I'll let you know how I get on. The idea behind the cabinet is to anticipate new legislation (as I understand it) I know there are cheaper ways but none as simple or as safe, part two of the reasoning is to allay the fears of the lady of the house. I'd rather go over the top with the safety as I'm sure you guys understand.

Not sure whether this is an intro or a cv... Oh opinions on second hand full size rifles for meself also welcome.

You don't mention budget but if it is 10 meter target shooting you are after the gunpower edge is a great little gun or you could kill three birds with one stone and go for a stelth simple single shot light wieght for the little ones and full power more than enough for any shot great gun in my opinon. Get yourselves to the shooting show at Newark show ground and try as many as you can on the 26th and 27th of feb. I hope i'll see you there

thanks for the info. Might be a bit rich for what might turn out to be fleeting thing. Maybe something to work up to as skills develop, not just theirs either! Newark sounds good - also looking to pick the brains of local gunsmith who carries a few airguns but mainly shotguns, rifles and antiques. just spotted that should've been hw 25 oops

Also in the space I'm looking at, I wouldn't mind plinking with co2 pellet pistol? Thanks again haloutdoors

thanks haloutdoors this is about the third time i've tried to reply - here goes.

I get it - my bad.

Hi & welcome to the BB's.
    The world of air gun addiction & poverty.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

A very warm welcome to this fine forum it’s good to have you join us ………………….…

hi and welcome