Thread: Air Arms Alfa Proj .177 Pistol Trigger

Air Arms Alfa Proj .177 Pistol Trigger

Hi all,

I have an Air Arms Alfa Proj, and though the trigger is adjustable (you can increase/decrease the size of the first stage; you can adjust the weight; you can adjust the trigger position), I would like to know if anyone knows how to improve the trigger pull? It was once quoted (on Stirton) as being like pulling cheesewire through wet concrete - perhaps a little harsh, but I think I know what the guy meant.

I would like to make the trigger crisper (yes, I want to keep it at 500g+ pull weight), but it would be nice if it felt like a crisp "click", not a soggy "scrunch"! Anyone who owns this air pistol and who has shot, say a FWB/Anschutz/Steyr will know what I mean.

Can you either buy an improved trigger kit or does anyone know a gunsmith who might "have a dabble"?

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Chris

I thínk yr referring to second stage creep? I have an Alfa CO2 rifle, with the same trigger. The adjustment of the stage length imo is limited. If I adjusted a tad too far, I had problems, turn it back a tad, no more problems, but a tad of creep sometimes.
    Probably, the contact surfaces of the trigger parts arent square.
    So I think a trigger tune by a gunsmith is yr best bet.
    Cant think of any inserts trigger tunekits to be installed.

Allthough, makes me think, a Tau is quite similar and the new mk200s trigger is SUPERB! Maybe it can be made to fit the Alfa? Dunno..
    ATB,
    yana