Thread: peashooters and blowpipes

peashooters and blowpipes

Are these classed as air weapons ie peashooter 6ft lb blowpipe 12ft lb.

barrel is online now Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    i once downed a full grown chimp in the Amazon with a blowpipe.

barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post

barrel
    As chimps are an Old World species, it was either a lost lab animal or it was a hell of a long way from home - or did you hit it at a range of 3000 miles? If the latter I definitely think the blowpipe should be on ticket ... coming to think about it aren't they Section 5?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bl..._missile_2.JPG

Not sure about legal aspect but pretty sure they would be classed as an 'offensive weapon' if you hit someone with a dart from a blow pipe. Not sure about a peashooter firing the 'pigeon' peas we used to use as kids. Most likely 6 months hard labour now rather than the clip round the ear from the local bobby if you were seen doing anything malicious in days of yore.
    Do they have to be sold with anti-tamper? How do they test power? Is there a 'standard constable' with a standard 'puff' in his cheeks? ... if so beware the trumpet player from the police band.
    As a bit of fun I once made a 3ft blowpipe and, using darts with a darning needle fitment, was easily able to blast right through a dartboard at about 7 metres.
    Cheers, Phil

barrel is online now Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    As chimps are an Old World species, it was either a lost lab animal or it was a hell of a long way from home - or did you hit it at a range of 3000 miles? If the latter I definitely think the blowpipe should be on ticket ... coming to think about it aren't they Section 5?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bl..._missile_2.JPG
    Would i lie to you.

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Quote Originally Posted by ras1 View Post
    Are these classed as air weapons ie peashooter 6ft lb blowpipe 12ft lb.
    No blowpipes are classed as offensive weapons . I chronoed one of the small calibre blowpipes and my memory is a bit vague but it was around 1ftlb or a bit less using a 6ft pipe . doesn`t sound a lot but it needed pliers to get the darts out of a shed at 20 yrds

I brought one in the states a few years ago , paid extra and got one with a on board dart holder .

Came with a one way mouth piece so you couldnt breath the dart back into your own mouth , Also got a drop down forward hand grip (Very gangsta!!)

Brought a couple of hundred darts at the same time , some with just normal points , some with a flattened spear point . Can confirm it would shoot clean though a empty coke can no problem .

Feel free to PM me if you would like to see some photos of it mate?

Al the very best fellas .

Andy .

Peashooters

With a mouthful of dried peas we had semi auto peashooters, garden peas were rubbish
    Made a right mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Not sure about legal aspect but pretty sure they would be classed as an 'offensive weapon' if you hit someone with a dart from a blow pipe. Not sure about a peashooter firing the 'pigeon' peas we used to use as kids. Most likely 6 months hard labour now rather than the clip round the ear from the local bobby if you were seen doing anything malicious in days of yore.
    Do they have to be sold with anti-tamper? How do they test power? Is there a 'standard constable' with a standard 'puff' in his cheeks? ... if so beware the trumpet player from the police band.
    As a bit of fun I once made a 3ft blowpipe and, using darts with a darning needle fitment, was easily able to blast right through a dartboard at about 7 metres.
    Cheers, Phil
    Don't like the idea of a constable blowing on my pipe.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post

barrel
    I married a full grown Amazon that made me look a chimp !

Brider
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by ras1 View Post
    With a mouthful of dried peas we had semi auto peashooters, garden peas were rubbish
    Made a right mess.
    Pigeon peas were much better; nice round shape, very cheap from the pet shop and excellent fit in our metal peashooters. We used to 'plant' the peas in neighbours gardens and then watch them grow. Also useful for playing 'tappit and run' on people's doors in the dark. And yes, a full mouthful gave a machine gun effect; even worse if you swallowed some.
    Aaaah ... days of carefree youth.
    Cheers, Phil

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Cheers, Phil
    I think you ave to soak the peas over night before use now