Thread: FWB C25 Seal failure

FWB C25 Seal failure

Hi
    Can anyone point me in the direction of a guide for replacing seals on a C25 ? When I screw in the cartridge the CO2 leaks out, seems to be coming out through the trigger area. I have ordered a new set of seals.

tia
    Dave
    Evo 10 Compact.

Hi Dave - if you get stuck your local dealer Bob at Checkmate Guns can help you - he just fixed one for me.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Imo, co2 guns are rare easy to disassemble. Most use similar system: cilinder, screwed onto a base. This base is attached with a few screws. Underneath that base is an Oring, and you can see the valve, valveseal, and spring. Thats what my CG90 and CP2 looked like..
    If you've used any dryfire mech, its also possible thats sticking (and keeping the valve open).

You díd follow any instruction for fitting the cilinder, like cocking first maybe?
    ATB,
    yana

FWB C25 seal failure

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    Imo, co2 guns are rare easy to disassemble. Most use similar system: cilinder, screwed onto a base. This base is attached with a few screws. Underneath that base is an Oring, and you can see the valve, valveseal, and spring. Thats what my CG90 and CP2 looked like..
    If you've used any dryfire mech, its also possible thats sticking (and keeping the valve open).

You díd follow any instruction for fitting the cilinder, like cocking first maybe?
    Hi Yana
    Thanks for that, I will check out the dry fire mechanism. I don't think there are any instructions for fitting the cylinder, but I have it in dry fire mode when I do, so you could be right there.

Regards
    Evo 10 Compact.

FWB C25 Seal failure

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post

Many thanks Yana, that's fixed it. I lubed the seal then switching to live fire with no cylinder, then pressing the trigger must have freed the valve. It now holds the gas OK.

Is it better then to screw in the cylinder while in live fire after cocking ?

Thanks again

Regards
    Dave
    Evo 10 Compact.