Thread: Introduction by wolfeb

Post Introduction by wolfeb

This is my first post on the forum. I have just joined as a result of a google search for an old air pistol that I have owned for some years.
    Item is a German .177 Tell air pistol marked Venus-Waffenwerk, Zella-Mehlis. It is in excellent working condition, I test fired it only yesterday.
    I have photographs available, but I need to know how to make these visible to the forum. If anyone is specifically interested I can send them as attachments to an email.

My initial google search resulted in this old forum entry:
    ================================================== =============
    Posts 413

For Sale: TELL 3 air-pistol:

For Sale: One of the most desirable and rare air pistols out there - namely a late 1930's German Tell Model 3, serial number 820. Made in .177 only, this pistol was manufactured for only 3 years immediately prior to World War 2, and only a few hundred were made, very few ever being imported into this country.
    An extremely clever design, the Tell 3 was clearly made to resemble the war-time German Luger, which it does very effectively.
    This specimen cocks and fires, and is complete with both sights and all correct parts. It has been reblued, and there are various minor surface marks on the action, but none at all serious.
    The left hand grip is perfect, but the right one has had a professional repair and the top half of it replaced.
    Full chapter and verse on this pistol can be obtained from looking at John Griffiths book, "The Encyclopedia of Spring air Pistols", Page 238.
    Also this actual gun was reviewed by Tim Saunders in 'Airgun World' during 2003, complete with full colour photos.
    An ultra rare gun in quite reasonable condition - price £425 + £8.50 Special Delivery post
    ================================================== =======================================
    For completeness of my profile, my complete collection consists of:
    Tell air pistol as detailed above
    BSA Airsporter .22, circa 1963
    Diana model 22 .177 old, year unknown
    Crosman medalist ii 1300 .22 circa 197?
    Webley Vulcan .22 with Hunter 4x32 scope

Hi & welcome to the BB's.
    Pop along to the colectors section.
    Not sure where it's not my scene but many BB's old gun collecters could have some general info at least
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

more info on old "Tell" air pistol

How can I make my initial post message containing all info visible to the collectables forum ?

hello and welcome