Thread: Smk

Smk

How good are SMK sights?? 3-9x40 It's going on a xl tactical .22

I've had an smk 3x9x40 scope, still have it somewhere, and it's got a good clear aperture and holds its zero fine. 30/30 reticule so doesn't get used much now.

Al

I've had some smk scopes that have been fine for years .... others were not so good. Think for most budget scopes its a bit of a lucky dip as quality control from factory not to high.

secretagentmole Guest
    Buy a Hawke HD, much much better, for not a lot more!

Quote Originally Posted by craig100811 View Post
    How good are SMK sights?? 3-9x40 It's going on a xl tactical .22
    toilet roll tube with sellotape over each end and a cross drawn on witha blunt crayon..
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

They are usable.... Just about but are over priced. Have a look at jsr budget scopes, they are as good or better and cheaper. Also the cheap Chinese scopes on e.b.a.y. will be on par with them but cheaper
    Seal sets for the SMK XS78 QB78 TH78 XS79 AirGuns ~ £5 each posted

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gen View Post
    toilet roll tube with sellotape over each end and a cross drawn on witha blunt crayon..

Made me chuckle anyway.

Al

smk sights

I have some smk 4-12-40 and honestly all they good for is garden shooting lol there on my daughters ratcatcher i wouldnt use them on my rifle

SMK good for short ranges (normal airgun ranges) But if you are talking scopes for long range shooting(where you have posted this) You are going to have to pay for good glass.The cheaper end of the market will start to go cloudy on high mag. so you need a half decnt scope for long range if you are serious about shooting it on a regular basis.If tyou are just wanting something that will let you see where you are shooting then the JSR range will be ok.The target models are very good for the price,and have the benefit of focussing for the objective.
    http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products...iflescope.html
    Andhttp://www.jsramsbottom.com/products...iflescope.html
    Both decent imaging for the money and not far from the price of an SMK milldot 4--12 X 42 which is not adjustable objective.
    I rather think that the SMK range has stagnated and Fallen back in the ratings,with the advances in the technology making such as the JSR range much more of a useable product for the money.
    Last edited by walrus1#; 08-06-2012 at 10:55 AM.
    [URL=http://www.ukchineseairgunforum.org.uk/index.php[/URL]

As above have had a smk and jar scope and would recommend getting a jsr u can get one second hand for around £30 that's how I got mine

for around the same price id go for a nikko sterling mountmaster or the hawke sport hdd scopes.
    clarity seems better and improved build quality.

chriscp1991