Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weihrauch HW101 Review

Weihrauch HW101 Review

Thought about this long and hard before buying this rifle in single shot , then thinking back I have had some very good days shooting vermin with single shot rifles but must admit its not my choice when lamping multi shot takes over.

Ok here goes after shooting it for around 6 weeks.
    HW101T .177 caliber short review first impressions out of the box normal Weihrauch quality Beech stock instead of Walnut rifle feel lighter no silencer and trust me you will need one it makes a nice crack without you wouldn't want to shoot it in the garden.

Could only fill to just under 190bar because my bottle was getting low on air, rifle handles well as the saying goes it fit like a glove accuracy couldn't fault it here spot on also loading being single shot lots of room used a clicker to count the shots remember only filled to just under 190bar there was no drop in pellet until I reached the 53rd shot, over chrono 11.5 steady no moans there fed H&NFTT seem to like these, on a 200bar fill should get a good 60 shots on them readings should be plenty because I cant carry 60 Rabbits, but as for target shooting not being one wouldn't know how many you would need, the reason I wanted to check the shot count was after reading on here reference 40 shots per fill all I can say if your only getting that amount the rifle need returning to Hull Cartridge and setting up correctly.

Points I like Single shot very easy to load.
    Side lever so smooth and positive.
    Lots of room to single load.
    Trigger very smooth.
    Accuracy very good as all Weihrauch rifles.
    Bluing looks like it will last for ever.
    barrel comes screw cut.
    With a silencer fitted very quiet and it didn't upset the balance.
    Stock Thumb Hole Ambi Beech would I prefer Walnut not sure because it would of made the rifle a bit heavier.

Only thing didn't like you will need a silencer as its not supplied.
    Price tag £550 not cheap.

All in all very pleased with the rifle.
    Last edited by Silverwolf; 30-01-2012 at 04:33 PM. Reason: add text

And the price of the rifle was ?

Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post
    And the price of the rifle was ?
    price £550 around £200 cheaper than the HW100 on average.

H.w. 101 review

I am always in favour of a single shot version, but is a full length version available ? I have only seen adverts for the carbine length.

would the action drop straight into a walnut stock from another carbine?

They are expensive for a single shot gun. When you consider a AA S400 can be bought in many dealers for £395.

Personally, I can't see the marketing point to this rifle. Yes, Carbine is great for out in the fields, or its maneouverability between trees and bushes, but, Why not buy a Carbine HW100 and a single shot clip?

It's the best of both worlds. Magazine or Single shot and the silencer comes as standard, which doesn't attract the attention of the neighbours in the back garden!!

I use my carbine HW for FT comps and get 55 spot on shots from a 200bar fill. Easily enough for a full GP course or a few hours bagging bunnies (if that's your cup of tea).

However, price is a factor if it's nearly £200 cheaper. That's a lot of pellets before the wallet breathes out again!!!

Al.

Quote Originally Posted by gasman1 View Post
    would the action drop straight into a walnut stock from another carbine?
    sorry I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclopse View Post
    They are expensive for a single shot gun. When you consider a AA S400 can be bought in many dealers for £395.
    You have a lot more gun with the HW101 better bluing on the action thumb hole stock side lever very smooth good safety catch barrel lot thicker and stronger also screw cut for silencer and its regulated trigger very good shoots great from the box. .

I have all ways liked the AAS4** series been using them since they came on the market lot of years now in all formats, to get the AAS4** up to the same sort of spec you have to spend a few £££s to have it regulated and replace the trigger or have it sorted then you got that stupid safety in the trigger, for the difference in the price to the HW101 £155 to my mind it was worth that extra but each to our own.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverwolf View Post
    Stock Thumb Hole Ambi Beech would I prefer Walnut not sure because it would of made the rifle a bit heavier.
    A Walnut stock in place of the same design Beech stock usually makes a rifle lighter...
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    A Walnut stock in place of the same design Beech stock usually makes a rifle lighter...
    never heard of that before.

Where did you get it for £550?

Yeah I need to know this also
    Language is the source of all misunderstandings

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.

Question

Are these available as both Karbine and as a full sized rifle???

Quote Originally Posted by R. P. McMurphy View Post
    Are these available as both Karbine and as a full sized rifle???
    the manual show it in full length going by that I would say yes but never asked in the shop.