Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tanfoglio Witness 1911A1

Question Tanfoglio Witness 1911A1

Hi all,

I'm picking up one of these next week just to go on my wall & do a little plinking when I get bored or stressed. I picked one up in the gun shop last week & it feels just like the real thing! It even strips in the same way as the real deal. It's the most authentic .177 blow back pistol I've seen. I plan on doing it up (I love to tinker) with proper Colt parts as it's a 1/1 scale replica, just for fun and I was wondering, although the rear sight is fixed, can it be easily taken off & an adjustable one fitted straight on without having to start cutting bits off to make it fit?

Also, I know genuine M1911 grips (I've seen some lovely ones that would look great) fit nicely after a little bit of filing to fit to allow for the co2 bulb, which I don't mind doing, but as regards other custom parts, which would fit the frame nicely & which should be avoided? I know it's only a replica but I'd like to make it a little bit special. Any advice regarding parts & fitting would be greatly appreciated.
    "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free"
    A.E. Van Vogt, "The weapon shops of Isher" ASF December 1942

Just had a look at mine... I thought the sight was actually cast with the rest of the slide, but looks like it was put on seperately Don't fancy trying to tap it off, though tbh

I'll be keeping mine standard. Looks fine the way it is

Oh and yes... A lot of fun And realistic looking/feeling.

It does look like a casting but the rear sight is removable and can be replaced with adjustable sights. I've not delved that far myself but other people have and have replaced the sights.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    You need to strip the slide and remove the retaining screw underneath the rear sight then it taps out without any problems.
    The dovetail in the slide does need opening out slightly to accomodate genuine 1911 iron sights

- Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

i really fancy one of these, seems a great gun for the cash.
    You tube channel bassmanrich44 2000 subscribers and counting! 5000 now

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    The Witness is a cracking pistol for the money

Witness 1911

It is amazing how many times the same info on this pistol is being repeated. I first wrote regarding the virtues of this pistol last year, and how close it is to the real 1911. Having still a licenced carry .45 in South Africa, I found I could strip the Witness down with my eyes closed. Then I wrote about fitting 1911 grips and also adjustable sights.Will look back on bbs and Umarex forums to see how many times this info is repeated. Just shows how popular this gun has become.

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/...himels/Mod.jpg

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/...icrosights.jpg

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    The Witness is a cracking pistol for the money
    I've seen it on offer with a price range from 80 quid up to 130!! Would you say it was worth paying 130 for if that's what a shop was charging?

Quote Originally Posted by GarryP View Post
    I've seen it on offer with a price range from 80 quid up to 130!! Would you say it was worth paying 130 for if that's what a shop was charging?
    Mine was £100... Somebody has said that they're not quality-made... I have no idea about that, but after looking and handling the gun, i'd have paid an extra £20 or so, I suppose.

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    I think I might have paid the higher price if I hadn't known they could be had for much less.

Nickpan is offline I love a lot of slippery, soapy men's bums!
    Quote Originally Posted by GarryP View Post
    Speaking as an RFD, I think they're worth close to £125 - £130. For some reason, the RRP mentioned by the wholesaler, SMK, is only marginally more than the trade price, compared to most of their products.
    The (secret!) trade price of the Sig X-five (also Cybergun/SMK), and the rrp, £139(ish), would suggest that the TanWit 1911 should be £5 - £20 less than the Sig. I sell my 1911 Tanfog for £110, which is a proper % mark up, but makes me look ridiculousy pricey compared to some shops who stick to the RRP, whether it's right or wrong.
    Cybergun is always a good price when compared to a Umarex 1911 for example, and this could well be down to some quality cutting manoevers. I've had 2 mags returned, so by the time I've sent them off for repair, that'd be a big chunk of profit gone. And I'd have to sell quite a few 1911s to cover staff wages alone!
    no such words as alot or ect, and do you really want to add a second 'o' in 'lose', unless you're talking about something that isn't very tight?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickpan View Post
    Speaking as an RFD, I think they're worth close to £125 - £130. For some reason, the RRP mentioned by the wholesaler, SMK, is only marginally more than the trade price, compared to most of their products.
    The (secret!) trade price of the Sig X-five (also Cybergun/SMK), and the rrp, £139(ish), would suggest that the TanWit 1911 should be £5 - £20 less than the Sig. I sell my 1911 Tanfog for £110, which is a proper % mark up, but makes me look ridiculousy pricey compared to some shops who stick to the RRP, whether it's right or wrong.
    Cybergun is always a good price when compared to a Umarex 1911 for example, and this could well be down to some quality cutting manoevers. I've had 2 mags returned, so by the time I've sent them off for repair, that'd be a big chunk of profit gone. And I'd have to sell quite a few 1911s to cover staff wages alone!
    I agree people complain about price differences between shops but each one has different overheads .....stafe wages, rent or is the building owned by the shop, etc.

I paid £120 for mine and am happy with that I could have bought it from a shop that sells them for £80 + RFD transfer but would then be getting near the price I paid anyway. It went tits up after 3 days so went back and had instant replacement, try that with RFD transfer or 50 mile drive.
    Zastava Owners Club.

Quote Originally Posted by EssexSniper View Post
    as regards other custom parts, which would fit the frame nicely & which should be avoided? I know it's only a replica but I'd like to make it a little bit special. Any advice regarding parts & fitting would be greatly appreciated.
    I make a Titanium Thumb Guard, Titanium Mag Release Extension Button (round), Aircraft Alloy Mag Extension (rounded rectangular to bring it back over the grip), an Aircraft Alloy Trigger (plain or 3 hole designs) and a full length spring guide conversion, I have strip & rebuild videos posted on YouTube
    Regards,
    Nick

stagmanv835 is offline i tend to drink while on the bbs
    Anyone know anywere in the south west that is stocking the tangfolio witness ?
    You only have the rights you are willing to fight for

Stock

Quote Originally Posted by stagmanv835 View Post
    Anyone know anywere in the south west that is stocking the tangfolio witness ?
    Gingernut and myself have 5, he might part with one of his. The best bet is TAL ARMS in our little town of Christchurch.

Regards, Baz