Thread: Tanfoglio Witness 1911A1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Tanfoglio Witness 1911A1

Hi all,

I'm picking up one of these next week just to go on my wall & do a little plinking when I get bored or stressed. I picked one up in the gun shop last week & it feels just like the real thing! It even strips in the same way as the real deal. It's the most authentic .177 blow back pistol I've seen. I plan on doing it up (I love to tinker) with proper Colt parts as it's a 1/1 scale replica, just for fun and I was wondering, although the rear sight is fixed, can it be easily taken off & an adjustable one fitted straight on without having to start cutting bits off to make it fit?

Also, I know genuine M1911 grips (I've seen some lovely ones that would look great) fit nicely after a little bit of filing to fit to allow for the co2 bulb, which I don't mind doing, but as regards other custom parts, which would fit the frame nicely & which should be avoided? I know it's only a replica but I'd like to make it a little bit special. Any advice regarding parts & fitting would be greatly appreciated.
    "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free"
    A.E. Van Vogt, "The weapon shops of Isher" ASF December 1942

Just had a look at mine... I thought the sight was actually cast with the rest of the slide, but looks like it was put on seperately Don't fancy trying to tap it off, though tbh

I'll be keeping mine standard. Looks fine the way it is

Oh and yes... A lot of fun And realistic looking/feeling.

It does look like a casting but the rear sight is removable and can be replaced with adjustable sights. I've not delved that far myself but other people have and have replaced the sights.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    You need to strip the slide and remove the retaining screw underneath the rear sight then it taps out without any problems.
    The dovetail in the slide does need opening out slightly to accomodate genuine 1911 iron sights

- Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

i really fancy one of these, seems a great gun for the cash.
    You tube channel bassmanrich44 2000 subscribers and counting! 5000 now

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    The Witness is a cracking pistol for the money

Quote Originally Posted by EssexSniper View Post
    as regards other custom parts, which would fit the frame nicely & which should be avoided? I know it's only a replica but I'd like to make it a little bit special. Any advice regarding parts & fitting would be greatly appreciated.
    I make a Titanium Thumb Guard, Titanium Mag Release Extension Button (round), Aircraft Alloy Mag Extension (rounded rectangular to bring it back over the grip), an Aircraft Alloy Trigger (plain or 3 hole designs) and a full length spring guide conversion, I have strip & rebuild videos posted on YouTube
    Regards,
    Nick

stagmanv835 is offline i tend to drink while on the bbs
    Anyone know anywere in the south west that is stocking the tangfolio witness ?
    You only have the rights you are willing to fight for

Stock

Quote Originally Posted by stagmanv835 View Post
    Gingernut and myself have 5, he might part with one of his. The best bet is TAL ARMS in our little town of Christchurch.

Regards, Baz

Quote Originally Posted by stagmanv835 View Post
    Helston Gunsmiths have them.
    People who have been there focus on the fundamentals. People who sit at keyboards all day focus on the trivial and inane.

manxmangt is offline Running Dog Lackey Of Capitalist Imperialism
    Not wishing to pee on anyones parade I bought a TW on Saturday, took it back on Monday as I was getting 6 shot per charge, changed it for another, took that back on Monday afternoon as it constantly jammed and swapped it for a Dan Wesson 6", not looked back since.
    The TW is a great looking gun, when it works its brilliant, but obviously I found it unreliable.
    diligentia didat quid utilius

Brocock Contour .22, HW95 .177, Gamo Coyote .177

Not trying to shoot it outdoors in this cold weather were you?
    Cos they really dont like it.