Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tanfoglio Witness 1911A1

Aardys is offline Formerly Old gun/git/ formerly oldcliff/formerly (watch this bleddy space)...
    yeh i guess all that blowback mech needs warm full pressure .
    summer will soon be here , whoo
    Getting Old

Quote Originally Posted by Aardys View Post
    yeh i guess all that blowback mech needs warm full pressure .
    summer will soon be here , whoo
    Sadly - I think that really is the truth. A bit chill then one of those BBs slips out and buggers up the mechanism and it all goes tits up.

Honestly - I have shaken out those errant BBs and then started from scratch.

You need to warm it up to above 20C - fire it and make sure it stays there (at 20C+)
    Last edited by PaulR; 10-02-2012 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Clarity

i checked one out yesterday, i thought they were made ok, but i held the umerex 1911 at the same time, you can notice the difference in the build. Maybe if i had the chance to shoot one it may be a different story, but going on the feel of it, i did not really like it.
    You tube channel bassmanrich44 2000 subscribers and counting! 5000 now

Comparison

The Witness feels exactly the same as a real Colt .45 ACP, the Umarex does not. I carried a few different .45's on a daily basis.

Baz

The manual for my 70s Crosman Mark 11 states that the pistol should be operated at beween 60 and 75 degrees F and it doesnt blow back!
    I dont bother much with co2 guns in the cold.
    Thats why we have spring pistols.

Umarex is a fatty compared to real steel.
    But it is a very good co2 pistol in its own right.

Happy birthday Baz.

Tangfoglio witness 1911a1

I got my 1911 back in august. Shot fine untill the cold snap came a few weeks ago.

Then when i put a new Co2 Bulb in the mag, the gas would shoot straight through and vent. It will not run the pistol at all. Now i put this down to two things. 1, ONLY have one mag(spoke to sportsmarketing, they dont have any) and 2, the mag nozzle is very loose.

I have had it back them for two weeks now and hope to get it back really soon. Apart from that it is a well made pistol that brings a little satisfaction. Ive put different grips on it, a compensater, and a magic9 slide that i got from .

Aardys is offline Formerly Old gun/git/ formerly oldcliff/formerly (watch this bleddy space)...
    what is a magic9 slide ?
    Getting Old

Quote Originally Posted by vincishooter View Post
    I got my 1911 back in august. Shot fine untill the cold snap came a few weeks ago.

Then when i put a new Co2 Bulb in the mag, the gas would shoot straight through and vent. It will not run the pistol at all. Now i put this down to two things. 1, ONLY have one mag(spoke to sportsmarketing, they dont have any) and 2, the mag nozzle is very loose.
    this can occur when a bb slots into the top of the slide. I was shown this & how to field strip, when mine did it first time out. take the slide off * look in the back section for a rogue bearing

Pete

I have two Tanfoglio Colts and both seem to function perfectly no matter whether outside in the cold or indoors. They seem to be good value for the money, both of mine came from Kibworth and were a good price at £80. Perhaps not a pistol to last too long but real good fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Aardys View Post
    what is a magic9 slide ?

sorry i meant to say magic9 slide protector. i got it from .

i type on my phone, so things go wrong!!!!!

but i read on the other bit about the poor chap and his problem with his 1911's. take a bit of time with these and they are great!!!!

cheers