Thread: How much air/pressure left

How much air/pressure left

Having recently changing to using a bottle to fill my rifle as apposed to a pump, I was wondering if their is a way to check the amount of remaining air or pressure in the bottle to determind the approx' number of fills left..
    Is it possible (or safe) to blank/plug the end of the bottle or hose, close the bleed valve, then open the main valve...will the guage give the reading I'm after..? Even if this was to work will I be able to determand a rough ammount of fills left...
    Any comments or warnings to trying this with be greatly recieved..
    or is their some other way of doing something simmalar..

definately not!!!!!. the only way to test your bottles remaining pressure is to keep on using it to fill your gun when you need a refill that is. mark down on a piece of paper every time you use the bottle,until you notice the bottle is not filling the gun to its required pressure.

I cannot see a problem using a blank on the end of the hose, I do it most times my bottle is filled to check they are filling it to the correct level.

fitting a blank to the end of your hose might be ok, but i would,nt recommend it ,ifyour hose could,nt stand the pressure,i saw one burst this way when someone tried to test the pressure in a 300 bar bottle.the hose popped at around 240-250bar.if the hose had severed completley there would have beenanother ufo reported.as you know the strengths of your hose i would not do it rather than risk an accident in the first place.

Gibbon Guest
    Why don't you download ChairGun and play with the "Bottle Charging" section which will calculate how many fills you have left

(run chairgun > extras > bottle charging)

HTH