Thread: Which way is up

Which way is up

Do other shooters using the top turret instead of mildots for drop compensation have the same problem as me (its probably an age thing).
    What i mean is: you've shot a few targets and maybe just put the gun away without resetting the top turret to its genuine zero or "0" setting. Next time out the turret says "4"........problem is because you cant remember what you last shot is it really reading +4 or are you a full rotation out and it is actually -2. Get it wrong and you'r way off target.

Has anybody got a simple solution to this annoying problem?? (other than a lobotomy)

Yes, don't adjust the top turret, or else get a ranging scope or else get a small notebook and record every outing. For my fullbore rifles, I keep a small log of rounds fired, ammo loads details, performance & scope zero settings. As you get older, it helps to write things down as soon as you can find your notebooke & pencil.
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

Quote Originally Posted by DedIdick View Post
    Yes, don't adjust the top turret, or else get a ranging scope or else get a small notebook and record every outing. For my fullbore rifles, I keep a small log of rounds fired, ammo loads details, performance & scope zero settings. As you get older, it helps to write things down as soon as you can find your notebooke & pencil.
    cheers DEDI
    Now where did i leave that pencil???????