Thread: New Ally Stock

New Ally Stock

I was challenged to make something of a damaged KK200 stock and told if it was any use to me I could have it, anyhow after all sorts of trying and a lot of fun I have turned it into a working stock which I have now transferred my Anschutz barrel onto, so far my first 25 yard cards have scored 94,94 and 97 and two sets of 50m card have scored 92/94 and 95/97.
    I was given the bare ally casting with no cheek piece or front end on it, this was surplus to requirements as the casting where the pistol grip holds in was snapped and the guy got a new one on an insurance claim and transferred all of the furniture and adjustment gear from one to another and was going to throw the one he gave me in the bin.
    I utilised threaded bar and aluminium bar, some Philipine mahogany a few plastic knobs and stainless steel allen screws and a tub of polymorph to mould a pistol grip, it took a bit of patience and thinking about but I am really happy with the end result
    http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/z...15/image-1.jpg
    http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/z...5/DSCF0740.jpg
    Martini
    Good Deals with Mikewaring, ggggr, watchsapart, Majex45, Nhill, zebedee71,Eredel,Hawksthorn,Red Bob, Stanbridge,Barrow_Matt,Mr.Fixit-Norm, turbo33 .atb thankyou all Neil

Stock

Nice work and it obviously works a treat. Can't help thinking though that the wood looks nicer!

Yes I agree Dave and intend trying my carving skills to make a pistol grip in wood but I aren't sure how its going to end up
    ATB Martini
    Good Deals with Mikewaring, ggggr, watchsapart, Majex45, Nhill, zebedee71,Eredel,Hawksthorn,Red Bob, Stanbridge,Barrow_Matt,Mr.Fixit-Norm, turbo33 .atb thankyou all Neil

Nice work there,I think it looks very nice - but a proper wooden grip would make it even better.
    Life without happiness is no life at all.

All for the price of a bit of time.A shooter at our club has a kk200 and he's always adjusting it.
    I presume you shoot at Keelby?
    MARK
    some guns.Eeeek!

Yes Keelby for indoors Mark, Kirmington for outdoors plus anywhere I get chance to drive to when my wife doesnt have anything planned and theres a shoot on.
    Minor costs were incurred as in needing to buy the adapter to make the rounded Anschutz action fit onto the flat Walther stock and the butt hook was from that place which will remain nameless apart from that then yes and the time expended isnt an issue because its been a challenge making it work, plus havent had an air rifle to fettle this winter so I needed a project of some kind to stop me climbing the walls
    ATB Martini

I dipped my toe into the smallbore world at Keelby.I shoot with LPORC now.
    MARK
    some guns.Eeeek!