Thread: Webley Alecto hex key , size.?

Webley Alecto hex key , size.?

Chaps,
    I have just aquired a used Alecto from member of this esteemed forum, it is however missing the hex key for adjusting the trigger/grips etc...... so does anyone have an idea what size torx it is please, so that I can buy one locally from a d.i.y. store.
    Pete.

My key is stamped T-8

Ian

thanks

Ian
    Many thanks for that. I am off to Maplins now to buy one.
    Pet.

Sorted.

Pete.

Re torx key and aquired Alecto.

Hope all's well with your new toy! I just got one and am trying to find an alternative to the recommended Logun SL7 synthetic which is discontinued. Do you have the manual? its just for wiping down the metal bits. Loving the gun!!!!

Hi Peteswright,

I am liking the Alecto a lot, athough with the temp. outside and in my workshop hovering around 0 degrees it isn` very condusive do accuracy !!!>

I don`t have the manual,but it is available of`t web, just google `webley alecto owners manual`. Also some good info and exploded parts diagram of the manufacturers web site . The manufacturer is `ZORAKI` and the Alecto is known there as the Zoraki HP-01 . You will find the parts diagram in with a page full of real pistol diagrams, as they are a large arms manufacturer. ( like Webley & Scott used to be).
    Pete.

logun sl7

Quote Originally Posted by flatrajectory View Post
    Hi Peteswright,

I am liking the Alecto a lot, athough with the temp. outside and in my workshop hovering around 0 degrees it isn` very condusive do accuracy !!!>

I don`t have the manual,but it is available of`t web, just google `webley alecto owners manual`. Also some good info and exploded parts diagram of the manufacturers web site . The manufacturer is `ZORAKI` and the Alecto is known there as the Zoraki HP-01 . You will find the parts diagram in with a page full of real pistol diagrams, as they are a large arms manufacturer. ( like Webley & Scott used to be).
    Pete.
    Thanks for info. I have got the manual, bought it new. It states that you should use sl7 or "similar" to clean metal work, but its discontinued. I also needed to find out what was compatible with the oil provided to inject into the air inlet . Magicniner has helped by saying use M9 oil. It is higher spec than Pellgunoil And can be used for both purposes. Hope this helps other Alecto owners!!!

I a sure Nick `m9` oil is perfect for this application , but Being on a pension and being naturaly `tight` anyway I would like to find a cheap and locally available source of a suitable lube for the Alecto.
    If I find something I will put it on here.
    I was thinking of fully synthetic automotive engine oil which will work out much cheaper than paying a fiver or so for a few mil of gun oil in a small bottle.??

Any thoughts on this.??

Pete.

I appreciate the concern over cost, but having had experience of what using the wrong lubes can do to our expensive guns, id rather spend that bit extra, plus avoiding warranty problems.

Quote Originally Posted by flatrajectory View Post
    I a sure Nick `m9` oil is perfect for this application , but Being on a pension and being naturaly `tight` anyway I would like to find a cheap and locally available source of a suitable lube for the Alecto.
    If I find something I will put it on here.
    I was thinking of fully synthetic automotive engine oil which will work out much cheaper than paying a fiver or so for a few mil of gun oil in a small bottle.??

Any thoughts on this.??

Pete.
    The M9 oil weighs in at less than half a fiver a bottle. Cheaper than pellgun, and tried and tested. There might be cheaper alternatives out there, but you are likely to be working on hearsay. Personally, I wouldn't risk £200 odd worth of gun to save a couple of quid.

m9 oil.

Quote Originally Posted by short-carabine View Post
    The M9 oil weighs in at less than half a fiver a bottle. Cheaper than pellgun, and tried and tested. There might be cheaper alternatives out there, but you are likely to be working on hearsay. Personally, I wouldn't risk £200 odd worth of gun to save a couple of quid.
    Do you get m9 from Magicniner or a shop.? Mine did cost 5 or 6 quid from a gun shop!!!

Quote Originally Posted by peteswright View Post
    Do you get m9 from Magicniner or a shop.? Mine did cost 5 or 6 quid from a gun shop!!!
    M9 gun oil from the man himself. You'll find it over on the UBC Forum. HTH!

Thanks guys,
    I will try Nick`s magic elixir .....

PP

I experimented with all the various settings on my alecto and finished up back on the original ones,which are pretty well set up for the average person.

Alecto Lube

Have used Valentines VP90 Formula X cleaner lubricant on all guns for 8 or more years,

Has been fine on all materials seals/plastics/metal,

750ml can about ten quid or so at Kibby, brilliant on bluing,

Google Valentine Gun Lubes or similar,

Though did use the supplied oil for inside the air cylinder.

HTH, B.