Thread: alternatives to logun sl7 synthetic oil for alecto

alternatives to logun sl7 synthetic oil for alecto

Seems Logun sl7 synthetic has been discontinued. Any ideas. Don't want to void warranty.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by peteswright View Post
    Seems Logun sl7 synthetic has been discontinued. Any ideas. Don't want to void warranty.
    Magic 9 Design CO2 and SSP Gun Oil is fully compatible with CO2 and SSP/MSP mechanisms specifying Pellgunoil or Synthetic Mineral Oil,
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Smile Magic 9

So this can be injected through air intake on Alecto when supplied oil runs out. Plus used to wipe metal parts against corrosion?

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    So this can be injected through air intake on Alecto when supplied oil runs out. Plus used to wipe metal parts against corrosion?

Yes,
    If you use a couple of drops every hundred pellets rather than waiting untill it dries out then flooding it you'll increase the life of the seals in the Alecto.
    It will also work well to protect metal surfaces against corrosion but you'd probably be as well using a proprietory gun oil spray for wiping metal parts as that should work out cheaper, or Magic 9 Design Silicone Oil, which gives a nice sheen and excellent protection against moisture & finger print related corrosion on metal parts, please note that silicone oil should not be used in mechanisms with moving metal to metal contact,
    Regards,
    Nick

Thanks again. Your excellent advice is duly noted,but i'm staying away from silicone as advised in manual. If it got into the piston area it can cause problems apparently. I'm more than happy to use Magic9 or pellgunoil as it will do all the maintenance jobs as on my 1377 and P 17s (I do use white lithium Greece on P 17s Piston) Got some 0.5ml syringes today to apply oil to intake hole on Alecto. Shes a great gun so far.Want to look after her/him.

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Yes,
    If you use a couple of drops every hundred pellets rather than waiting untill it dries out then flooding it you'll increase the life of the seals in the Alecto.
    It will also work well to protect metal surfaces against corrosion but you'd probably be as well using a proprietory gun oil spray for wiping metal parts as that should work out cheaper, or Magic 9 Design Silicone Oil, which gives a nice sheen and excellent protection against moisture & finger print related corrosion on metal parts, please note that silicone oil should not be used in mechanisms with moving metal to metal contact,
    Regards,
    Nick
    The small bottle of Magic9 that Alans gun shop sold me is red (oil). I assume thats the correct one? Is silicone a different colour?

The small bottle of Magic9 that Alans gun shop sold me is red (oil). I assume thats the correct one? Is silicone a different colour?
    Silicone Oil is colourless and I currently only sell it direct, you have the correct one

Aardys is offline Formerly Old gun/git/ formerly oldcliff/formerly (watch this bleddy space)...
    ballistol would prolly work
    Getting Old