Thread: Webley Alecto RedDot Sight

Webley Alecto RedDot Sight

After recently purchasing a Alecto mark 1 (the one with no groove) does anyone know which red dot sights fit with no modifications to the rail,i don`t want to start filing a groove for one to fit,(perhaps purchse a rail with the groove already cut in (any ideas where to purchse one )thanks for your answers.

Red Dot

HAWKE do the red dot for these go for the RD30 standard rail type, just make sure you buy the one that does not say weaver in the add.

I have the weaver mount rail on my RD30 because I have the later version with the cut out for the weaver type mounts..but they do the same Red Dot RD30 that I think is model number HK3205 but check it out to make sure I am right.

Cant go wrong with the HAWKE RD30. I hit everything I aim at now...my eyes are on the way out you see, sh.t happens when you get to 48 years of age.

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by m0fk View Post
    HAWKE do the red dot for these go for the RD30 standard rail type, just make sure you buy the one that does not say weaver in the add.

I have the weaver mount rail on my RD30 because I have the later version with the cut out for the weaver type mounts..but they do the same Red Dot RD30 that I think is model number HK3205 but check it out to make sure I am right.

Cant go wrong with the HAWKE RD30. I hit everything I aim at now...my eyes are on the way out you see, sh.t happens when you get to 48 years of age.
    So how is he going to fit an RD30 to an alecto mk1 which has standard weaver sized rail on the top of the frame, but no cut out?
    Surely he will need a std weaver rail fitting to the frame first?

Or am I missing summat??

Here's my Alecto mk1........http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...i/DSCF0245.jpg

It has a std weaver type rail on the bottom of the frame, but not the top.

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Weaver

If you get a HAWKE RD30 they do two types...one for a weaver rail and one thats normal. Now if you have the mark two version of the Electo the top rail as a cut out SO you can still buy the HAWKE RD30 with the weaver rail mount as it will sit in the groove just like it would on the weaver rail under the pistol.

Now if you have the mark 1 version with no cut out on the top you can buy the standard mount type HAWKE RD30 and that will go on no problem.

Isn't the standard one 11mm?The only way I could see of fitting a red dot to a mark 1 was to file a slot to take a weaver mount.

Red Dot

I had Alecto no 59 from first batch,

Same old problem with red dots,

Fitted a holographic red dot to mins simply by machining off the central part of the thread so making it thinner and an easy fit,

Not hard, fit screw firmly in drill chuck using a file remove the central thread till smooth,

Just done a Hawke by grinding a flat on the front bolt for a Mate,

No need to damage the structural integrity of the gun,

Cheers, B.

Hawke rd30 electo

I assume the standard mount's on the RD30 are the same as the one's you would get on a set of normal scope mount's and you just turn over the clamping blocks over to the bigger size.

Sure a pain in the butt these rails on the Electo arent they?