Thread: Was The Killer Drunk?

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Was The Killer Drunk?

Does anyone know if the 'person' who killed the child and fired on the fire-fighters was under the influence?

It's just that alot of the unpleasantness in the UK seems to be caused by drunk people and the Government has shied away from the one thing that reduces alcohol intake: increasing taxation on booze.

The real price of alcohol in the UK is now half what it was in 1970. Is it any suprise that we are getting twice as drunk? And the idiots at the bottom of the pond are getting eight times as drunk, perhaps drunk enought to think it fun to take potshots at people with an airgun. Afterall, this was glamourised in the junky-fest film 'Trainspotting' which all the liberal anti-foxhunting types thought was so cool.

24 hour drinking will result in more of these airgun incidents I think, because our drinking habits are the traditional Northern European ones, i.e. immoderate intake is seen as being OK.

Sorry to be a party-pooper but tell me if I'm wrong. It might be the wrong passtime they crackdown on.
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 06-03-2005 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee
    Does anyone know if the 'person' who killed the child and fired on the fire-fighters was under the influence?

It's just that alot of the unpleasantness in the UK seems to be caused by drunk people and the Government has shied away from the one thing that reduces alcohol intake: increasing taxation on booze.

The real price of alcohol in the UK is now half what it was in 1970. Is it any suprise that we are getting twice as drunk? And the idiots at the bottom of the pond are getting eight times as drunk, perhaps drunk enought to think it fun to take potshots at people with an airgun. Afterall, this was glamourised in the junky-fest film 'Trainspotting' which all the liberal anti-foxhunting types thought was so cool.

24 hour drinking will result in more of these airgun incidents I think, because our drinking habits are the traditional Northern European ones, i.e. immoderate intake is seen as being OK.

Sorry to be a party-pooper but tell me if I'm wrong. It might be the wrong passtime they ban in the end.
    But the Government would never ban something that makes them a mint each year, would they? Just think how much they would lose in taxes.
    As for knowing what mental state this nutter was in, who knows. Maybe he was high on drugs or pissed as a fart. Either way, he needs a good kicking. Let's hope he gets it in jail.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavel
    But the Government would never ban something that makes them a mint each year, would they? Just think how much they would lose in taxes.
    Also if everyone sobered up/stopped having hangovers they might notice what the Government was doing! Docile and drunk is good for democracy (not).
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 06-03-2005 at 07:16 PM.

Morayman Guest

The Culprit

Maybe we (meaning me) have been guilty of accepting the initial headlines at face value.

Couple of points:

The police are strangely coy about releasing the accused's name.
    His house has been attacked by a mob and is now under police guard.

Perhaps there is more to this than a stray pellet from a hooligan.
    Last edited by Morayman; 06-03-2005 at 08:17 PM. Reason: spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by Morayman
    Maybe we (meaning me) have been guilty of accepting the initial headlines at face value.

Couple of points:

The police are strangely coy about releasing the accused's name.
    His house has been attacked by a mob and is now under police guard.

Perhaps there is more to this than a stray pellet from a hooligan.
    the accused name is A 27-year-old man, Mark Bonnini, has been charged with Andrew’s murder

Genius Guest
    I'd take initial reports with a pinch of salt,.most of it is probably speculation anyway such as the reasons he was shooting in the first place.

suggsey Guest
    Does it matter weather he was.... drunk...drugs.....or solvents.....I wont have any reget when he is dead......you might as well say... did he eat chicken...beef..or lamb... was he a veggie or a vegan .and if you want to take it further....did the poor bloke come from a broken familey...was abused as a kid ....never had an up-bringing......blar..blar..blar.....as a 27 year old he knows the difference from right & wrong.... so all the do-gooders can whistle...it wont bring back a child that was murderded by a 27 year old adult

HSING-ee shootings happen in every country all over the world... but when you are a-part of a familey that enjoys the art of shooting against each other in a competitive way and this happends ...it affects us all...WE ARE ALL GOVERNED BY OUR OWN ACTIONS ....and eye for an eye....and a tooth for a tooth... bye your reply.. and sad

Scooby Do Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Genius
    I'd take initial reports with a pinch of salt,.most of it is probably speculation anyway such as the reasons he was shooting in the first place.
    Speculation or not HE/THEY were shooting at the Fire brigade,a new sport it is not, maybe if the Police concentrated on the more serious crimes IE shooting at the fire brigade this catastrophe might not have happened .

Gary C Guest
    No rope = no hope.

A slap on the wrist and where's the deterrent ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee
    Also if everyone sobered up/stopped having hangovers they might notice what the Government was doing! Docile and drunk is good for democracy (not).

Hardly anyone is docile and drunk round these parts Drunk and dangerous more like.

Hsing-ee, do you take your name from the internal art of Hsing-I by any chance? Just curious

Since this scumbag was (allegedly) taking pot-shots at the fire fighters the murder charge will undoubtedly be downgraded to manslaughter by the time it gets to court ..... Hopefully he will get a short custodial sentence!

*why short?* Because his fellow inmates will help him escape - in a pine box!
    "I would laud the day when there is a rifle in every cottage in England." Robert Arthur Talbot Gascoyne-Cecil.Your 'local' hospice needs your charity . Please give until it hurts..I made this

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty-Harry
    Since this scumbag was (allegedly) taking pot-shots at the fire fighters the murder charge will undoubtedly be downgraded to manslaughter by the time it gets to court .....
    It's going to be interesting hearing what the ballistics boys come up with.
    If the kid was stood far enough away from any fireman then that story won't hold water, not if the 'rifle' had a scope on it. Scumbag is going to have to prove exactly what he was shooting at to get it reduced to manslaughter, I don't think any jury will buy it. All he is likely to do is add to his burden by admitting that he was shooting at other people aswell. I reckon this pr1ck has had it for the next 10 - 20, and like you I suspect his sentence will be short and rough. Either way we are going to have to wait for the court case before anything happens.

My assertion about the reduction in the level of the charge is based on British Law - the prosecution have to prove beyond all reasonable(!) doubt that the shooter's intention was to maim or kill.

A case in point .....

A couple of decades ago a man walked into a well-known gun shop in Sheffield and asked to look at a couple of shotguns. As he was examining the first the shop assistant turned to get the second gun. Once his back was turned the man pulled a couple of shells out of his pocket and loaded both barrels. The assistant turned back and was gut-shot - twice! The man legged it with both guns but was soon caught.
    When the case went to court the man claimed that he was only trying to disable the assistant so the charges were reduced to .....

mallicious wounding!

Now; if he'd shot a cop .....
    "I would laud the day when there is a rifle in every cottage in England." Robert Arthur Talbot Gascoyne-Cecil.Your 'local' hospice needs your charity . Please give until it hurts..I made this

Well then, perhaps we should get a select committee to look into the possibility of closing all pubs and prohibiting
    the manufacture and sale of alcoholic drinks.

This was after all very effective in America in the 1920s and 30s, wasn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty-Harry
    - the prosecution have to prove beyond all reasonable(!) doubt that the shooter's intention was to maim or kill.
    I see what you mean........

so the defence will be going with the old "but it was only an airgun" tale.
    I hope they can prove he'd messed with the power levels as that would certainly indicate an intent to maim or kill.