Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finaly got one! Baikal Mak!

Finaly got one! Baikal Mak!

soo ive been looking for one, basically for a couple of month's and i bought an umarex one to make up for it, and it was without a doubt shit,

and then i got a private message on here, about a nickel slide one a 2003 model for £95 posted, and i was like surely this cant be right, bare in mind i was going to buy a couple of mag's aswell, so i was like i might give this guy a go thinking that i might get scammed as ive never seen them so low :L

and well here is my baby i love it,
    http://s1185.photobucket.com/albums/...t=1B474555.jpg

ive put over 500 lead bb's through it already

after reading about it for week's it was worth it in the end

just trying to get hold of a speed loader at the moment, and yeah i was shooting in the snow
    i think it look's pretty good, shoots decent gotta say i love it compaired to all the other one's that ive had coming and going i think this one is a keeper

anyone got any idea of where to get accessories for this other than rus military which is always out of speed loaders... :L
    also anyone else got anything to say about this truly epic gun?

Very nice! I want one What year did they switch from the machined slide to the cast slide?
    hoplophobe

maks are great, the umerex looks like a toy compared. I had one and sold it not long ago, but i will have another soon. The early ones are the best.
    You tube channel bassmanrich44 2000 subscribers and counting! 5000 now

Each to their own.
    The Replica co2 collection chap says- best group seen in a smooth bore pistol-one of the best co2 pistols -and he is talking about the Umarex.
    He also says it is more accurate and easier to use than the Baikal.
    Having had both I agree.

build quality though, baikal win's and mine uses the rifle barrel'd i did think the umarex was ok but it was no keeper, having said that bit annoyed with led bb's :L they annoy me how i have to pick them out carefully,.

Baikal Mak

have you tried york guns i think they import it

Had one, sold it ,regretted it, bought another.

The barrel can be removed so a thread can easily be tapped on the end ,then a thread cover so you can have a flush muzzel (cock and lock back slide, unscrew thread cover,screw on silencer and release slide )and voila, a silenced Mak , it makes quiet a difference, both to the noise and the appeal

Baikal Mak

I agree with Gingernut, the Umarex one for me, cheap and cheerful, accurate and fun, fun, fun.

Tried the Baikal one and didn't like it.

I'd go with the OP's (rather Strong) opening line.

The BAIKAL is (almost) a de-act that shoots, so if it were a choice of YET ANOTHER co2 cast pot-metal multishot that resembles a real pistol or a Steel pistol that shoots lead bb s thru its rifled barrel, strips as the original and shares most of its parts , I see this a no-brainer.

There is also the fact that since Brococks were removed from our option, the MAK is the nearest thing to the real deal in both rifle and pistol.

Still, life would be boring if we all liked the same thing.

I never hesitate to criticise a bad air/co2 pistol.
    Which the Mak isnt.
    But the Umarex is a good little gun as a CO2 pistol.
    If I needed and was allowed a real pistol the real Mak wouldnt be on the list.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    The Baikal gives the impression that you'll be able to pass it on to your kids, kids....

Cool Got a Baikal today

I picked up a new Baikal Today from RusMilitary, 2011 model! Solid & well built. Stripped & oiled. Seems like grips have gone back to previous Matt version which are good. Shame no tool or rod now, did have BB's & a seal.
    Hope to shoot it tomorrow with Gamo lead & Umax Co2 which I ordered from Ramsbottoms yesterday afternoon & which arrived this morning!

Please with customer care of both

Muzzle Shrouds mods

Can I ask where the Silencer/shrouds mods can be done as per Grego's post . I saw one image on a search online but lost the details - it looked superb .

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Have you not thought of PM'ing him and asking who did his.....

This may sound unusual ....

...but yes I did think of that , and have done so already .