Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10m match rifle

10m match rifle

Could someone advise me which rifle to buy to start 10m. Something afordable.

Secondhand FWB601

Rutty

as above or fwb300

thanks guys,

what would be the right price to pay for these rifels?

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Although I would not disagree with the options, I'm presuming that as you are asking on a forum that you have little knowledge of the sport nor belong to a 10 mt target club?
    If so then don't buy anything, join a club, use club rifles, get coaching and then take first hand guidance from club members on what to buy. We belong to an active 10mt club, new shooters who arrive with their own rifle have inevitably not bought the best option, and those who buy soon after starting unless the can afford the top spec generaly end up changing it in a few months time.
    Join a club, learn the sport, then buy the best that suits you.
    Welcome to the sport, Good shooting.
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Thank you very much Robin, I value your advice.

I am already a member of a club however I am asking for other opinon as we do not have 10mt match rifle within the club. At the moment I am shooting BSA R10mk2 on 20yards and I feel that I can try something more chalenging.

10m starter rifle

For adults, I would suggest an older full size 10m target rifle, my favourite is the Original 75 but I would also recommend the Walther LGM2 and the Feinwerkbau 300s. You should get any of these for below £300.
    If you have more to spend then the newer fwb, Walther or Steyr are all excellent, but the amount of adjustment on some of these may be a bit overwhelming if you are new to the sport.
    For younger shooters there are a few smaller rifles such as the Air Arms 200, Hammerli AR20 and a Gunpower 10m model.
    The important thing to remember is to go for something recoil less.

Starting out

Hi

Take the advice of Robin, find a 10 mt club or even a bell target club, most of these clubs will have club rifles that you can borrow nad try out until you make up your mind if it is the sport for you

Jim

Older springers, FWB 75, Diana 75,
    SSP: FWB 600 and up
    Old CO2's, Steyr, FWB C60, Walther CG90..
    NEW CO2, Tau mk 200
    etc.
    Depending on yr $$ and what you prefer.
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by Jimlad View Post
    Hi

Take the advice of Robin, find a 10 mt club or even a bell target club, most of these clubs will have club rifles that you can borrow nad try out until you make up your mind if it is the sport for you

Jim
    Would agree the list goes on,
    I would also throw in the Gunpower Edge and the AA 400 MPR.

You neede to try several and see what suits you.

Edge isnt reviewed as a success, really. Especially trigger.
    Wouldnt pick the MPR either, as its an MPR, not 10m specialized.
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    Frankly everyone has there personal opinion as to the best, quoting triggers, ease of loading etc.
    Its what the shooter is happy with and what suits them. I would not put down someone turning up with an SMK.

So I will throw in the Brocock Concept rifles as well there are 10m versions available.

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post

I have also heard poor reviews on the Edge as not being fit for purpose for 10m especially for beginners as it can lead to bad technique ( ) possibly due to the firing cycle and poor trigger - I was advised,as a cheap option and as an introduction to Bell Target / 10m to try an older model,but proper 10m match rifle.For me this was very sound advice and I am learning how to shoot with an old (but immaculate) Anschutz recoiless spring piston rifle.I am very pleased with the accuracy,trigger and overall firing cycle and at the moment see no need to upgrade to anything more modern or expensive.

I want to learn the basics and to improve as much as possible before thinking about upgrading - I will only do this if I feel it is the equipment that is holding me back,but I doubt I will ever outshoot my Anschutz .
    Life without happiness is no life at all.

If your happy and it suits you then theres no need to upgrade.
    I have an old FWB300s and I keep going back to it and out shoot far newer rifles, based on the types of shooting I do.
    If had to shoot a lot of shots in a row then a pcp would be easier to load as time goes on.

these older 10m match guns like mine and ur ansultlz will do the same as any other gun. They were built for oylimpic shooters. upgrading to a £1200 gun because its done is not worth it in my opinian. I have shot many guns but my 89' haenel match gun is awesome, does what it says on the tin and self contained, just right for bell/10-20m and fun targets as i suspect yours is. when u have a recoiless ssp/springer that can put pellet on pellet, and is smooth to shoot, what else could you want really, other than to learn the art, of which i have much to learn, but i know the gun is capable. The edge as mentioned above is good, i shot one, but too light and the sight line a bit short.
    You tube channel bassmanrich44 2000 subscribers and counting! 5000 now