Thread: Diana & Junior ( ?)

Diana & Junior ( ?)

I was lucky enough to be gifted this pair today, The Diana seems to shoot well & quite acurate as well.

Can you please advise what model the Junior is. Its go very little power, only just managing to push the pellet out on occasion, is there a break down diagram for this model ?

any advise on best actions to take with the junior

thanks

Pete

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3456965...ream/lightbox/

The Junior is an early Webley pistol ( not sure of date, but someone with that knowledge will be along shortly).
    T.W.CHAMBERS website has an exploded diagram of a mk.2 junior,which is more or less identical to your mk.1

Pete.

Hi Pete,

Looks like a late 1930s Webley Junior. The low power could be down to a lack of breach washer and it should not take too much to get one of these going. The Diana is an SP50 from the 1970's/early 80's. The Webley is in a class of its own and many have fond memories of growing up with an SP50 too.

John

Many thanks Pete & John

I do intend to strip the Junior, when I 1) figure out how & 2) feel brave

I recently moved over to air from shotguns due to arthritis, bought a rifle & a couple of co2 plinkers, then went back to my youth buying a HW70 pistol, now these, I might enjoy this new hobby

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by duchyboy View Post
    Many thanks Pete & John

I do intend to strip the Junior, when I 1) figure out how & 2) feel brave

I recently moved over to air from shotguns due to arthritis, bought a rifle & a couple of co2 plinkers, then went back to my youth buying a HW70 pistol, now these, I might enjoy this new hobby

Pete
    Webley pistols are very easy to work on. When unloaded and decocked, follow these steps:

Remove the barrel pivot screw, which is located under the barrel near the muzzle and on which the barrel pivots.

The barrel and its linkage can now be removed. You will be able to see if the small leather washer located at the front of the breach block is missing or requires replacement. A barrel joint washer for the Webley Tempest should fit but you may need to bring it down to size by careful sanding on sandpaper if it is a little too large.

To get at the insides, use the barrel pivot under the muzzle as a lever to unscrew the spring guide, located at the front of the air chamber. Use your hands to control the mainspring pressure by pressing towards the air cylinder whilst unscrewing as the thread nears its end until the mainspring is released and can be withdrawn.

To remove the piston, pull the trigger and use a blunt object that will not scratch to push/pull the piston towards the open front end of the cylinder and withdraw it.

Examine the state of the piston inner and outer washers and clean the insides of the pistol, piston and mainspring. Replace the latter if it is buckled or broken.

Lightly grease the internals using moly based grease and reassemble. Use grease/oil sparingly remembering less is better than more.

You will be rewarded with a lovely little pistol that should provide years of use until the next overhaul.

The only problem you may have is one Webley is never enough.....

Welcome to the world of collecting and using old airguns!

John

huge thanks for that info John, I will follow that advice as soon as I get a chance

Pete