Thread: Tanfoglio Witness 1911 - first impressions

Tanfoglio Witness 1911 - first impressions

After alot of reading on here i picked up the Tanfoglio Witness yesterday at Manchester Airguns for £90.

My first impressions of the gun are great. I can't stress how good this pistol looks - the finish on it is excellent and the markings are also really well done (pity about the "made in taiwan" on the right side of the slide though!) - definitely 10/10 on the looks!

The gun also feels great in the hand, it has a really good weight to it and everything feels rock solid - cocking the gun and releasing the slide sounds very realistic. The safety on the back of the grip actually works which is a nice touch. The grips themself are a hard plastic which feels okay on the hand - but i can see why people are putting sets of wooden grips on them (even if only to make it look better) Generally speaking the gun functions almost identically to the real thing - right down to field stripping it - this is pretty much as close as your ever going to get to the real deal in the UK.

The recoil on this pistol is probably the hardest i've felt on a co2 pistol - it really does kick quite hard! and is surely comparable to a .22 real steel pistol? This will definitely put a smile on your face when firing it - and as the pictures below show, the accuracy isn't too bad either. The target was fired at 10 times from approximately 6m - i had the target outside in the dark and was firing from indoors so visibility wasnt great - but 7 of the 10 rounds ended up in a 1 inch group, with 3 shots straying slightly - which is possibly my fault due to the poor light.

So far - i love this pistol and it's a great step forward compared to the likes of the Umarex pistols which to me now same really tame!

Here's a couple of photos along with a shot of the target so you can see the kind of accuracy i got.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...nt/witness.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...t/witness2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ent/target.jpg

Glad you like it mate, they look great.
    According to Blackpool Air Rifles website, they have returned their batch due to bad valving. The ones they tested leaked after about 20 shots !
    ( sorry )

manxmangt is offline Running Dog Lackey Of Capitalist Imperialism
    See my post 1 thread down
    diligentia didat quid utilius

Brocock Contour .22, HW95 .177, Gamo Coyote .177

im going to get one at the shot show, it looks great in the photos, almost too nice! never shot one but seems the one to get. rund here they are £120...( as always everything in essex shops seems to be 30% more than anywhere else.
    You tube channel bassmanrich44 2000 subscribers and counting! 5000 now

£90 is a good price these days.
    I did get one for £85 last year but now £115 in our area.
    Despite the apparently dodgy Blackpool ones these are so cheap compared to Umarexs and you still have your guarantee.

Get another one for best!