Thread: Tanfoglio Witness 1911 silencer?

Tanfoglio Witness 1911 silencer?

I just wondered if there's anyone out there who could fabricate a threaded barrel for this pistol? Or if anyone has seen this done,or any other methods of attaching a silencer?

What for ?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    I just wondered if there's anyone out there who could fabricate a threaded barrel for this pistol? Or if anyone has seen this done,or any other methods of attaching a silencer?
    The first question that comes to me is "what for?". This is a very realistic copy of a great old pistol and fitted with a silencer would look stupid. Better to buy another type of CO2 pistol with a fixed barrel such as CP88. To fit one to a Witness barrel that hinges through the barrel bushing you would have to turn an internal or external thread on the barrel and make an adaptor to screw on.

Baz

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    I'm prototyping a compensator which opens the way for this
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Silencer on loose barrels

Past experience in South Africa with any weight attached to the front of barrel operating through barrel bushing caused deterioration in accuracy.The pivoting extra weight causes barrel bushing and or barrel to wear at the contact point and this is integral to accuracy.Keep in mind this is on steel barrel bushing and not zinc alloy such as the Witness which is much softer metal. Just a thought from an old timer.

Baz

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    My compensator will have an integral replacement barrel bushing and may have the option of a PTFE bush liner

- Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Better bushing

Good one Nic. Thought that it would be possible to tighten groups on Witness with tighter bushing. Colt bought out the spring type barrel bushing to improve accuracy of .45. Gripped the barrel tightly to take out sloppy fit.

Regards, Baz

Thanks for the comments.

Magicniner - please keep us updated on your progress!