Thread: what its worth?

what its worth?

hello im thinking of selling my heanel 550-1 target gun. Its as good as it gets brand new box all the paperwork box bits, sights gun is immaculate ad shoots spot on. thing is there is nothing on the web, the only one i can see went on egun for 650 dollors but that was rebuilt and no bits, this has everything, and in new condition. so what do you think i should sell for? im guessing about 600 pound ? it also has the adjustable cheek and butt. thanks
    You tube channel bassmanrich44 2000 subscribers and counting! 5000 now

That love affair didn't last, did it?

Joking apart, I would say plonk it wherever starting at what you see reasonable (you just bought it so know what you paid!) and see what offers come in.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Quote Originally Posted by air-tech View Post
    That love affair didn't last, did it?

Joking apart, I would say plonk it wherever starting at what you see reasonable (you just bought it so know what you paid!) and see what offers come in.
    hehe, i may keep it just not sure as yet...thanks, i traded it for £600 against goods shop say the region of £700. They had it for sale at £670.

Quote Originally Posted by bassmanrich View Post
    hello im thinking of selling my heanel 550-1 target gun. Its as good as it gets brand new box all the paperwork box bits, sights gun is immaculate ad shoots spot on. thing is there is nothing on the web, the only one i can see went on egun for 650 dollors but that was rebuilt and no bits, this has everything, and in new condition. so what do you think i should sell for? im guessing about 600 pound ? it also has the adjustable cheek and butt. thanks
    I'll be honest with you Rich, I don't think it's worth more than £400 tops in this country, if that - even in nearly new condition. The reason being that better West German equivalents are available.

Over the years I've seen quite a few come up on eGun and the ones making the sort of sums you're talking about have been the exception. On the other hand I suspect there are quite a few "Ossie" nostalgics in Germany who like latter-day Haenels, which would explain why the LG550-1 has been selling for high prices recently. Personally I'd be a little concerned about spare parts. If you know of a source of them you could post it on your sales ad as reassurance.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    I'll be honest with you Rich, I don't think it's worth more than £400 tops in this country, if that - even in nearly new condition. The reason being that better West German equivalents are available.

Over the years I've seen quite a few come up on eGun and the ones making the sort of sums you're talking about have been the exception. On the other hand I suspect there are quite a few "Ossie" nostalgics in Germany who like latter-day Haenels, which would explain why the LG550-1 has been selling for high prices recently. Personally I'd be a little concerned about spare parts. If you know of a source of them you could post it on your sales ad as reassurance.
    thats cool, its a tough one i guess. I guess this is an exeption as it is new in box so to speak. The engineering on the gun is exellent, its all so easy and smooth to use. The overlever is really easy to cock, and totally recoiless.i dont think i would part with it for less tan £550 as re built ones have gone for more, and as i have used the german eqiv, i really think this is a much better made and smoother gun to shoot, but unless spmeone tries this hands on, they would not know that as they are not about. I belive only 38 550-1 were made for the olimpic shooters, so i have been told.
    Last edited by bassmanrich; 10-02-2012 at 07:06 PM.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Match rifles are the most under-rated guns in the second-hand market, and odd ones like the Haenal will not attract good prices because there are few collectors of such. Garvin's estimate is right. The gun also suffers from the fact it is not very beautiful and has an unfamiliar cocking stroke which looks weird to alot of people. I'd concoct a story about a beautiful East German Olympic swimmer who had an affair with its owner ... might drive up the value.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Match rifles are the most under-rated guns in the second-hand market, and odd ones like the Haenal will not attract good prices because there are few collectors of such. Garvin's estimate is right. The gun also suffers from the fact it is not very beautiful and has an unfamiliar cocking stroke which looks weird to alot of people. I'd concoct a story about a beautiful East German Olympic swimmer who had an affair with its owner ... might drive up the value.
    oh well to me shes worth a 1000 pounds! haha ill keep her and use her and oil her body for now, its far to good a gun to let go for low money......thanks for the info though...)

May I ask why you were thinking of selling, was the purchase an impulse one perhaps?

Or set your eyes on something else?

Just curious, like!
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Quote Originally Posted by air-tech View Post
    May I ask why you were thinking of selling, was the purchase an impulse one perhaps?

Or set your eyes on something else?

Just curious, like!
    of course, i quite fancy a gun they are selling in solware, its an m1 airsoft/airgun, and i do change quite often. I like to have something use it then sell it. im really only into plinking. Although, this gun is prob not going to be easy for me to part with as it is a pretty amazing machine, so really i like to have quality guns, but i only have funds for one at a time!

As you are not selling yours I thought I would post this in case anyone is looking for one:

Haenel March air rifle Model MLG 550-1 Serial No 016541 manufactured 05-01-1990. .177 cal Complete with padded carry...

Estimate: £160 - £180
    Auction: Sale of Antiques, Jewellery, Silver and Collectables
    Auction House: Valentine Auctions
    Date: 20/02/2012

I can assume the auction house has underestimated the value and of course there is no way of knowing the condition of the rifle. The catalogue shows a picture.
    I have no connection with them.

Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    As you are not selling yours I thought I would post this in case anyone is looking for one:

Haenel March air rifle Model MLG 550-1 Serial No 016541 manufactured 05-01-1990. .177 cal Complete with padded carry...

Estimate: £160 - £180
    Auction: Sale of Antiques, Jewellery, Silver and Collectables
    Auction House: Valentine Auctions
    Date: 20/02/2012

I can assume the auction house has underestimated the value and of course there is no way of knowing the condition of the rifle. The catalogue shows a picture.
    I have no connection with them.

Cheers, Phil
    looks ok, course hard to tell what condition its in from that photo, still whatever that is worth, id not let mine go anywhere near that...by the same token one recently went for near 700 dollors.........one of those items i guess. shame they dont say condition.