Thread: gamo compact.

gamo compact.

Just bought Gamo Compact second hand. No info on lubing in manual!!! I assume its a couple of drops of pellgunoil every 100 shots. Any tips / advice would be welcome. Gun seems OK. Put half a tin of hobby's through it to get confidence and get sights close. Any opinions on the wisdom of buying it.

A good choice. There are details of trigger mods for it on this forum somewhere, which will improve it, but the gun is still capable of getting you an average of 90+. The rest is up to you!!

Can't say if the lube is a good idea or not.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by peteswright View Post
    Just bought Gamo Compact second hand. No info on lubing in manual!!! I assume its a couple of drops of pellgunoil every 100 shots. Any tips / advice would be welcome. Gun seems OK. Put half a tin of hobby's through it to get confidence and get sights close. Any opinions on the wisdom of buying it.
    One or two drops every 100 shots is fine, it will keep the seals clean and slippy, introduce through the air inlet on the cylinder toward the front.
    The compact is an excellent pistol, with the sears stoned & polished and a sear engagement screw lengthening modification it improves further,

- Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

gamo compact trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    One or two drops every 100 shots is fine, it will keep the seals clean and slippy, introduce through the air inlet on the cylinder toward the front.
    The compact is an excellent pistol, with the sears stoned & polished and a sear engagement screw lengthening modification it improves further,

- Nick
    Thanks for info Nick. You are very knowledgeable, and as a newcomer to gunning I value your advice. My trigger fires like a single stage ( no take up ) Is the screw under the trigger guard near the grip for adjustment? if so which way to turn it to give some travel.

Gamo reply & 1377 ?

Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    A good choice. There are details of trigger mods for it on this forum somewhere, which will improve it, but the gun is still capable of getting you an average of 90+. The rest is up to you!!

Can't say if the lube is a good idea or not.
    Cheers for reassuring comments. I have the 1377 too. Does yours have a "thready" feel when pulling trigger? Mine has this drilling sensation on firing, quite different to any other gun. Is it just a characteristic of this pumper!!!

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Thanks for info Nick. You are very knowledgeable, and as a newcomer to gunning I value your advice. My trigger fires like a single stage ( no take up ) Is the screw under the trigger guard near the grip for adjustment? if so which way to turn it to give some travel.
    Pete,
    The screw under the trigger guard adjusts sear engagement (but as standard the screw isn't long enough to give any adjustment), first travel is lightly sprung and non-adjustable, if you don't have first travel the spring may be missing.
    Once you have a screw that's the correct length for sear engagement you will be able to cock the pistol and with it pointed in a safe direction adjust the screw in until the pistol fires, then back off half a turn to give safe sear engagement.
    I add a brass nose to the existing screw to add length and usually stone and polish the sear surfaces to smooth the second stage giving a truly 1st class trigger,
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Cheers for reassuring comments. I have the 1377 too. Does yours have a "thready" feel when pulling trigger? Mine has this drilling sensation on firing, quite different to any other gun. Is it just a characteristic of this pumper!!!
    No, mine is smooth and crisp with very little creep, but as soon as I got the gun, I stripped it and polished the sears. If I dry fire it, I can feel a vibration from the hammer spring, but not when fired under power.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    No, mine is smooth and crisp with very little creep, but as soon as I got the gun, I stripped it and polished the sears. If I dry fire it, I can feel a vibration from the hammer spring, but not when fired under power.
    I bet its the hammer spring that I can feel then. Cheers.