Thread: rohm twinmaster top leaking

rohm twinmaster top leaking

Guys I have a rohm twinmaster top that's leaking, shots ok but 24 hours after full charge cylinder is empty. I have changed the cylinder seal with no luck anybody else have any ideas.

Hi, PM magicniner on the umarex boys club forum, im sure he will be able to help.....

ATB John.

Thanks buddy

Rohm

Could be the reg seal or the hammer valve. Try some soapy water or worst case dunk it in a bowl of water.

By the way magicniner is also on this bbs.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    If the cylinder holds air OK off the gun the firing valve seat is the most likely area for a leak.
    A full strip, clean and relube of the firing valve may well sort it unless a seal has physical damage, stripping, cleaning & relubing the reg is worth doing whilst the pistol is apart.
    Clean all components thoroughly and lightly coat only the O rings with silicone grease,

- Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    If the cylinder holds air OK off the gun the firing valve seat is the most likely area for a leak.
    A full strip, clean and relube of the firing valve may well sort it unless a seal has physical damage, stripping, cleaning & relubing the reg is worth doing whilst the pistol is apart.
    Clean all components thoroughly and lightly coat only the O rings with silicone grease,

- Nick
    And Nick forgot to say be very very carefull not to cross thread the firing valve nut !!! We have both had experience of that one...
    Last edited by bobt; 14-02-2012 at 09:28 AM.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by bobt View Post
    And Nick forgot to say be very very carefull not to cross thread the firing valve nut !!! We have both had expience of that one...
    I'm very pleased to say that both my experiences of crossed threads were after the deed had been done
    I strongly suggest that anyone not confident of their abilities in stripping & rebuilding seek assistance, it's easy to scrap a frame if you make incorrect assumptions,
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    I'm very pleased to say that both my experiences of crossed threads were after the deed had been done
    Ditto.....