Thread: Any ideas ?

Any ideas ?

I bought some small syringes for getting oil in through intake hole on SSP's but oil is too thick to pass through tiny needle. If I just drop oil on the hole it goes everywhere but inside. I want to add two drops every hundred pellets as advised. What do you lot do to get oil in? Alecto and Gamo.

Which oil are you using? Maybe a less viscous grade?
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

oil

Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post
    Which oil are you using? Maybe a less viscous grade?
    Pellgunoil, Magic9.

Just put a drop over the hole before the plunger is fully extended and the oil will be sucked in as the piston head passes,just repeat for each drop.

Quote Originally Posted by pcusername View Post
    Just put a drop over the hole before the plunger is fully extended and the oil will be sucked in as the piston head passes,just repeat for each drop.
    Yes, should have thought. Ive done that before but still some gets wasted running away round cylinder. Lets keep thinking!!!

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Extend the gun fully, with the hole pointing upwards align the bottle nozzle over the hole, press the bottom of the bottle firmly & the bottle will seal to the hole, squeeze a bit and you can get oil straight into the cylinder without waste,
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com