Thread: holsters, bandoleers etc.

holsters, bandoleers etc.

I feel I must give a mention to John Beattie. He makes leather holsters and other accessories. Quality, hand made and designed items, and I'm sure a lot of members Know of him and his work already, but those that don't really should check him out!!! We are currently conversing over an item for me, and he has bent over backwards to help with my requests. Though not finished yet, I'm sure the finished product will excellent!!! Ill confirm that in a later post.

Hi Pete
    Bandoleers are something new to me so the more input from those that use them the better, Im sure with a little thought i will come up with what you need.
    thanks for the plug

john

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    The man's an Ace leatherworker, charges good prices, and is a nice guy to boot!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by skan View Post
    Hi Pete
    Bandoleers are something new to me so the more input from those that use them the better, Im sure with a little thought i will come up with what you need.
    thanks for the plug

john
    Just an idea, although i would not mind one myself, a repro of the Webley Tempest pistol holster that used to be available, would be a nice touch, for a Tempest thats carryed for depatch of small game.

I made a bandolier for my Dan Wesson, using a .38 cartridge belt that was too small a waist size for me .
    Hung a holster on the left hip and used another leather belt to get the correct length.
    It holds 30 easily accesible cartridges across the chest and I find it very handy to use.

Ian

John Beatie Bandoleer,Holster.

Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post
    Just an idea, although i would not mind one myself, a repro of the Webley Tempest pistol holster that used to be available, would be a nice touch, for a Tempest thats carryed for depatch of small game.
    What John is working on for me is an across the chest "Bandoleer" holster to fit most guns. Alecto, Gamo, P17s etc. The idea is to keep guns conveniently to hand while resetting targets, cleaning up pellets or having a cuppa, without forever finding a flat surface to lay gun down and pick up again. I cant use a hip belt configuration because of a disability, and we thought this system might be popular to many pistol users. If it will hold an Alecto it will hold anything!!! and although nasty canvas/Velcro types (my opinion) can be found, I reckon the guns and sport / hobby deserve better.

It sounds a good idea, would be interested to see pictures of it when finished.

Please remember to check the angle of your pistol when in the attached holster, as you may be sweeping those behind or to the side of you while moving.

No problems at home, but likely to cause a few twitchy rings on a range.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Quote Originally Posted by delta1 View Post
    It sounds a good idea, would be interested to see pictures of it when finished.

Please remember to check the angle of your pistol when in the attached holster, as you may be sweeping those behind or to the side of you while moving.

No problems at home, but likely to cause a few twitchy rings on a range.
    Hopefully, the holster will sit central on the chest, pointing down. Appreciate your concerns, and as for now my use is only at home!!! I'm sure pictures will follow, possibly including one of me with large smile on my face.

Ah, appreciate what's going to happen a bit better now.

Across the chest and pointing down means the chance of an ND is dramatically reduced.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it