Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ripley elite

You will be paranoid because of some of the negative comments put a few hundred through and then do a string test
    A few air rifles and pistols Daystate Owners Club

Quote Originally Posted by Pete m View Post
    You will be paranoid because of some of the negative comments put a few hundred through and then do a string test
    youre spot on there pal

i have

i have one mate and i think they are great had a loss of power in mine am customs did a service on it bang on two guy at club have just got and they love them great hunting gun

try filling to 180 bar and put 20-30 shots through it to get a rough idea of power, one thing for sure I cant see it creeping up it doesnt matter how many shots you put through the barrel mine did the squeek when filling then sometimes wouldnt fill as the valve would stay stuck, so a few short blast would ease the valve to allow it to hold air, probably had some grime in it from the factory, same as the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by tmstech View Post
    I have had both and now only have the Elite, why? The elite is better on all counts and better looking too. The only internal mod was degrease / remove the factory glue and re-lube after about 500 rounds. Done over 10,000 rounds now and not 1 issue in this time. 10.6 ft.lbs is NOT an issue with extreme deviation of 18 fps with shot-to-shot of 6 fps (over 80 shots) without a reg is more than twice as good as the best I could obtain from an S400.

I guess I have a good one?
    Could you please give a few pointers on the degrease and re-lube? I've just finished off my first tin of 500 pellets through an Elite that I bought last Wednesday. I've only managed to use it at 20 yards but it has produced consistent pellet on pellet grouping at that range, and that's after a 35 year lay-off from shooting.

Cheers,

Mick

I just wanted to know if anyone had bought one from Wighill because despite what I said about my bad experience I wondered if they had made any changes to the guns internally?

If they have I would seriously consider another one as I cant deny I loved the gun.
    Last edited by engraver; 14-03-2012 at 08:57 PM.

I bought my elite from wighill

ripley elite

i have a ft 177, fill to 165 bar and its in the sweet spot. good build quality and dare i say no issues , i emailed w/hill guns to ask availability of spares after reading all the "bad reports" reply was they can't sell me any because of "at" but would gladly service it i dont know how many where made but i dare bet its more than the complaints its recieved. atb.

I have a ar5s dont know the difference between the elite but it seems to be unreliable only by what ive heard though, id just stick with the real ripleys.

I bought a second hand elite in .22 works really well, set at 11.5ftlb on accupells/crosmans and extremely consistent. I use it over my Logun Mk2 (which I love as well, as far as I know they are basically the same rifle, never had my elite in bits yet as I haven't needed to )

I have a Ripley Elite and really like it, its bang on accuracy wise and really compact without a silencer. Its my shortest rifle by far and I managed to pick up a cool Brady canvas and leather slip for it, which makes for easy transportation. Once I've had a play I always seem to get my RWS Rapier out, which seems double the length but very much a joy to handle and shoot.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Zombie thread.
    Master Debater