Thread: Tanfoglio Witness accuracy

Tanfoglio Witness accuracy

I am not a great fan of steel BBs ... too much rebounding etc.
    So I tried the 4.4mm copper coated lead balls I have and compared them to standard steel BBs in my 'Witness'.

Basically the steel BBs were much more accurate with a group size maybe 2.5 times smaller than the 4.4 balls. Maybe I am not too surprised as 4.4mm is smaller than the steel BB size so there is more room for inaccuracy to bite in the barrel.

I have not tried Gamo lead balls in 4.5mm as I am sure I read that they can jam the barrel ... the Makarov I once had certainly did not like them too much but that was down to a deformation issue rather than the barrel.
    I have heard that 4.45mm lead balls are good for the Witness. Can they be found in the UK?

Cheers, Phil

bb's

Certainly don't use the Gamo lead ball, they are very irregular and dirty.
    I use the H&N 4.4mm lead bb's and have found them accurate enough and not causing any jams. I haven't seen 4.45mm bb's
    HW100kt .177, MTC Viper Connect. HW97kt .177, EB Sniper. Brocock .177 Contour XL, Custom Walnut Stock, MTC Viper Connect. Brocock .177 Grand Prix,Walther Red-Dot. HW45 'Silver Star'. Tanfoglio Witness. Walther PPKs. Morrini 'MatchGun' PCP match pistol.