Thread: Sending air rifle to germany ???

Sending air rifle to germany ???

Hi every body I need to send a second hand air rifle to GERMANY but am having a problem finding a courier TNT will only do it for business customers and the others I have contacted havent replied yet.Has any body else sent guns abroad.If so can you please advise me.

Cheers M.
    Last edited by merlin5oaks; 21-02-2012 at 01:54 PM. Reason: SPELLING

sending

I searched for one, none would do it,and they all xray anything sus,good luck,let us know if any agree.

be aware, that Germany is 7.5J only! Otherwise they need a wbk.
    ATB,
    yana

There is a sticky in the main sales section regarding shipping.

I'd been asked about shipping from UK to the USA, and when I looked into it the only service I found that would accept airguns was Royal Mail, but due to their size/weight restrictions an air rifle would require partial dismantling and shipping in multiple parcels.
    All the courier companies I tried do not carry airguns. This was due to commercial decisions by those companies, not due to any legislation.

It was suggested on another forum that Cheshire Gunroom may help with shipping, but I don't know the company and have had no dealings with them.
    I collect vintage Japanese air rifles & vintage Japanese pellets
    Information sought about antique firearms with Japanese markings, do you have one ?

shipping

i was told by royal mail it could be done,they then informed that delivery would be through parcel force,and its illegal to send firearms through P F go figure.

Smile Shipping Overseas!

Use Royal Mail Standard Parcels insured for the full value. There are no size restrictions which should bother us (that's Special Delivery!).

The only snag is lack of tracking info so one is left with a dilemma; do you trust the recipient?

I, personally have had no problems with this and have despatched items to many destinations in Europe (and received items from those countries!).

Look up the data on the Royal Mail Web-site; it's very straightforward!

If in any doubt, don't ship it! OR; get the buyer to arrange collection by their preferred method then it isn't your problem any more!

The main difference between shipping items abroad and just within UK is that there are different carriers responsible in each area!

Whatever you decide; good luck with this and the rest of this rewarding hobby!

atvb
    David

PS. The absolute must is that it is a legal item both here and in the recipient country and all others on route!
    Last edited by TopDog; 21-02-2012 at 06:36 PM. Reason: added PS
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!

Quote Originally Posted by TopDog View Post
    Use Royal Mail Standard Parcels insured for the full value. There are no size restrictions which should bother us (that's Special Delivery!).
    Interesting that you've not experienced size restrictions, because the international size and weight restrictions are published here on the Royal Mail website; http://www.royalmail.com/small-mediu...t-restrictions
    I collect vintage Japanese air rifles & vintage Japanese pellets
    Information sought about antique firearms with Japanese markings, do you have one ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tantomurata View Post
    Interesting that you've not experienced size restrictions, because the international size and weight restrictions are published here on the Royal Mail website; http://www.royalmail.com/small-mediu...t-restrictions

Hmmm! I hadn't noted that before but I had no bother sending to Holland nor even receiving from Bulgaria! If this really is an issue; best only trade in UK! Thanks for the reference though, I thought I had them all covered (unless things have changed relatively recently!)!

Living and learning is what it's all about - good luck!

atvb
    David
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!

East Hanningfield, near Chelmsford, Essex

postage to Germany

I sent a muzzle loading rifle to Germany, broken down into 2 parts metal work and stock but in one parcel, using Royal
    Mail. no problem. Arrived safe and sound. No questions as to what was in the parcel, they couldnt be bothered as long as it weighs right and is paid for.
    No customs forms to fill in as EU transaction and postage. They may xray but if it is legal and the recipient is authorised then there shouldnt be any problems.
    hope that helps.
    Alan

stock

sent a stock to spain recently,had to leave box open for driver to inspect contents,talking with the guy, he said it would still go through xray before getting out of the uk. T N T .

They do x-ray but the % and whether the operator realises what's inside and what action to take, it's all hit and miss.

Certainly, all I know is that a simple Theoben mod was stamped "do not fly" and took over 2 months to get here!! Must have looked like a live round in the x-ray?

I also received an air pistol that was posted UK-UK that was also similarly stamped "do not fly" which means what it says, so it goes surface mail...
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS