Thread: This is getting daft now !

This is getting daft now !

All my shooting life i've shot rifles, air, rim fires and when in uniform lots of fun noisey stuff too. But lately, as in the last week or 3 i have become increasingly interested in air pistols. Firstly it was for plinking and now i'm learning about 10 meter olympic rules and anticipating the games with baited breath. I've had 4 pistols in less than a month increasing in quality and accuracy and now find myself hankering after a Rohm Trainer !!

I even found myself dry firing my pistol today to practice my trigger technique.

I thought i'd found my shooting niche, hunting and long range target shooting. Alas no, now its 33ft single handed concentrative frustrating pistol fun !

Al

Quote Originally Posted by New ola View Post
    All my shooting life i've shot rifles, air, rim fires and when in uniform lots of fun noisey stuff too. But lately, as in the last week or 3 i have become increasingly interested in air pistols. Firstly it was for plinking and now i'm learning about 10 meter olympic rules and anticipating the games with baited breath. I've had 4 pistols in less than a month increasing in quality and accuracy and now find myself hankering after a Rohm Trainer !!

I even found myself dry firing my pistol today to practice my trigger technique.

I thought i'd found my shooting niche, hunting and long range target shooting. Alas no, now its 33ft single handed concentrative frustrating pistol fun !

Al
    Gotta love pistols!!!

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Welcome aboard

- Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Pistols do get to you like that, its more of an addiction.

There is no known cure

Good to have you with us!

Pistols at dawn,Pistols for breakfast, Pwhoar! Pistols

Welcome,

You are a Pistolaholic,

Brill Innit

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Pistols (10 metre target of course) rule OK?

It's addictive certainly.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

After 15years of soley shooting pellets at stuff through air rifles, I too have succomb to the air pistol bug. Bought a second hand umarex .177 BB and I've already shot my weight in steel through it. Im not sure whether a pellet pistol or bb revolver will be my next investment but I envisage the rifles gathering yet more dust in the near future. Happy shooting everyone!

Al
    pistols are great, but before u buy your rohm, just get a steyr or somthing like that, cos the rohm will soon go as well im guessing.......
    You tube channel bassmanrich44 2000 subscribers and counting! 5000 now

Quote Originally Posted by bassmanrich View Post
    pistols are great, but before u buy your rohm, just get a steyr or somthing like that, cos the rohm will soon go as well im guessing.......
    If only mate.

Al

If only mate.

Al
    i know what you mean, but a second hand one may not be far off the rohm. Only saying as the rohm is great gun, but from what u said 4 in a month, it may also not last.....i guess in the long run it may be cheaper. But their are 2nd hand SSP's that will be same sort of price as well mate.
    You tube channel bassmanrich44 2000 subscribers and counting! 5000 now

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Glad you've found your niche, Al!

You should join us at the Umarex Boys Club Forum. We're an international, internet fun-competition group. No dues, no fees, no travel, honors system scoring. And we have a monthly competition for 10 meter pistol.

Also for Police Pistol, vintage rifles, plinking pistols, an Awards program, benchrest rifle, 6 yard pistol: and just about everything else involving air guns!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

I've had 4 pistols in less than a month increasing in quality and accuracy and now find myself hankering after a Rohm Trainer !!
    A second hand Feinwerkbau CO2 eg C20 or C25 would be much better than the Rohm (if you can find one). I have a couple of C25s (not for sale).
    Evo 10 Compact.

BigEars Guest

Al
    Welcome to pistol paradise. It's a completely different game to rifle shooting but good fun. There are often bargains to be had in the sales section here. 3 of my 4 current pistols were "pre-enjoyed".