Thread: Walther ppk/s

Walther ppk/s

Recently got a 2nd hand umarex walther ppks and the safety is giving me problems. The spring on the safety mechanism doesnt push the trigger arm up straight away after blowbacks so I have to wait until I hear the spring 'click' the arm up to fire. Wadling the trigger or shaking the pistol seems to help but its annoying the hell out of me. Can replacement springs be bought? (assuming the spring is at fault) or do you have any ideas how I can fix this problem?

difficult one

I have a PPKS and it was second hand also,

I had similar problems and eventually found that the spring on the safety lever was bent to crap and also the top end was between the upper slide and the lower chassis of the gun,

Pull down the trigger guard and slowly push forward and lift the upper slide forward and wiggle (technical terms are out the window here) until it lifts off freeing the barrel return spring,

Check round the safety lever area and you will see a small lever spring, this may be broken or chewed due to wrong assembly?

Mine was badly bent but repairable and after straightening the upper section went back in,

This may not be a helpful description but on viewing the spring you will see what I mean, ATVB, Bernard.
    Last edited by ratgunner; 24-02-2012 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Typo

Yeah, I've had the bloody thing open countless times and even shot it without the grips to see just what was going on inside. The spring looks ok and doesn't appear to be bent. Im wondering if it has been alligned correctly - the longer spring arm is butted up against the trigger linkage and the shorter end of the spring is bent around a little button to keep the pressure on the trigger arm.

It's hard to explain what its doing (or not doing) but the longer end of the spring doesnt seem to push the trigger linkage up straight away and has to click into place after each shot. The pistol works fine except for this little niggly problem. I wonder if theres a way to bypass the safety switch alltogether as I find it stupid that the entire function of the pistol is compromised by a tiny pathetic spring.