Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rossendale Model Target Club

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...

Rossendale Model Target Club

Just a note to say thanks to Bob and John for a very warm welcome when i went to visit the club, i could only spend a short time there,but i enjoyed the pistol shooting. There are plans afoot for Bell Target shooting in the near future so i`m looking forward to that. Thanks again lads see ---- www.bobsairguns.com

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by gordon View Post
    Just a note to say thanks to Bob and John for a very warm welcome when i went to visit the club, i enjoyed the pistol shooting. There are plans afoot for Bell Target shooting in the near future so i`m looking forward to that. Thanks again lads see ---- www.bobsairguns.com
    what he said
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Thanks for your kind comments guys - it was great to meet you both and we are very grateful for your support.

We are a bit "thin on the ground" as far as member numbers go, and very much hope you are able to come and shoot with us again.

Bob.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Thanks for your kind comments guys - it was great to meet you both and we are very grateful for your support.

We are a bit "thin on the ground" as far as member numbers go, and very much hope you are able to come and shoot with us again.

Bob.
    nice website
    You tube channel bassmanrich44 2000 subscribers and counting! 5000 now

Quote Originally Posted by bassmanrich View Post
    nice website
    Thanks - there does not seem to be too much time available for me at the moment to add something new every day, but I try to add new items and pictures as often as I can.

rossendale model target club

thanks for your comments gordon hope to see you again john

Thanks

Thanks to John Gould for working his socks off in his own time to construct new target holding frames to help improve the range yesterday. John also supplied most of the materials and screws he used as well.

By the time we all arrived to shoot, everything was completed and ready for action.

John also "signed-in" and paid his full range fees and shot with us last night as usual - but the work had taken it's toll, as he was ( unusually) not the last to leave and left at the early time of just 9.30pm.

Small new clubs like ours need members like John that are prepared to contribute and make the effort without asking for any rewards or special favours, and we really appreciate the help he continues to give us.
    Last edited by zooma; 02-03-2012 at 11:29 AM.

ross mod target club

thanks for coment it was worth it

Visitor from Serbia

Some visitors travel a little further than others to shoot with us.

Here is a picture of Dragan Radovic shooting at our club last night - he has been with us for a couple of weeks as he is visiting two of our other club members Jackie ( pictured here with him) and Geof Radovic - who snapped the picture for us on his iphone.

http://bobsairguns.com/index.php?opt...d=16&Itemid=79

So Rossendale has now gone international in scope..... .......
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    So Rossendale has now gone international in scope..... .......
    Yup - first Chorley, and now Serbia!

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Yup - first Chorley, and now Serbia!

BTW do you want your name on your soon to be finished posh gun stand? Dennis will burn it into the base (a nice piece of spruce) before he varnishes it if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post

BTW do you want your name on your soon to be finished posh gun stand? Dennis will burn it into the base (a nice piece of spruce) before he varnishes it if you like.
    Ross Mod Target Club would be nice please!.bit long maybe?

The Rossendale Club will be shooting the new Springer Pistol Competition shortly ( see BBS thread) and would welcome any local pistol shooters that would like to have a go.

We are also planning a friendly match series based on these rules against Rivington Riflemen, so it should be good fun.

I recently became a member of Rossendale M.T.C. after my first visit where I was made to be very welcomed amongst the group of friendly pistol enthusiasts. It made a great change and culture shock from the 'Star Wars Bar' at Rivington.

Bob is working hard at formulating the rules for an inter club pistol competition were the emphasis will be on fun while introducing some people, who wouldn't normally bother with 'serious' competition (like me ) and at the same time promoting the sport of air pistol shooting.

Who will I be shooting for? Ross M.T.C. of course because I like being on the winning side.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk