Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Rossendale Model Target Club

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    It was good to see most of the original squad back at the club again last night - just like old times - good company - good banter.....and IJ came as well

Can't have everything I suppose..
    Yes, it was good to see some of the old gang and listen to Bob (ZOOMA) and John (with Black Bess) talking about the benefits of being an O.A.P.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Yes, it was good to see some of the old gang and listen to Bob (ZOOMA) and John (with Black Bess) talking about the benefits of being an O.A.P.
    There are no benefits..apart from going a little deaf - that can come in handy sometimes!

We also spoke about your gender change - you seemed quite disappointed with the result - but you did admit to shooting a Webley air pistol so I guess some progress was made
    Last edited by zooma; 10-09-2014 at 07:29 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

There are no benefits..apart from going a little deaf - that can come in handy sometimes!

We also spoke about your gender change - you seemed quite disappointed with the result - but you did admit to shooting a Webley air pistol so I guess some progress was made
    The sex change was no problem although the scaffolding took longer than the doctors thought. The hard bit was having my brain halved and I will really miss the ability to drive.

Yes, I did once shoot a Wobbly but I did wear gloves.

The sex change was no problem although the scaffolding took longer than the doctors thought. The hard bit was having my brain halved and I will really miss the ability to drive.

Yes, I did once shoot a Wobbly but I did wear gloves.
    Please don't park too close to my car the next time you visit, but we will help you put the targets up to save you stretching up so high in such an undignified way and taking so long to co-ordinate them all in such a lovely arrangement.

The Webley gloves look very fetching but silver silk with embroidered flowers and sequins are not too hard wearing and could scratch the lovely Brummie finish.

Do we still call you IJ or Ingrid ?

Hi, recently moved to Rossendale and not shot an air rifle in years. Does the club have any rifles they hire out to new visitors?
    I killed a squirrel

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Hi, recently moved to Rossendale and not shot an air rifle in years. Does the club have any rifles they hire out to new visitors?
    We do not hire out any air rifles or air pistols but we can lend you one to use.

We only shoot .177 match air rifles and air pistols as we are a target club and we are not able to accept the use of .22, BB or sporting air rifles.

We have a 6 ft lb power limit and this more than covers any match air rifle or air pistol that are easily inside this limit.

The club is based around match air pistols but more recently we have seen a growing interest in target air rifle shooting - something we are very happy to accommodate .

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Hi, recently moved to Rossendale......
    Never mind. Pop down to the club any Tues or Thurs night for a laugh. PM ZOOMA for directions. I forgets what number tram it is but its left at the stocks right at the hay stack.

Im not always there on a Tuesday - well, you can have too much of a good thing.

ATB
    Ian

Do we still call you IJ or Ingrid ?

Call me what you want but dont call me late for dinner.

Call me what you want but dont call me late for dinner.
    Hi Ingrid,

Tea will be served this evening at 7.30 pm.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Hi Ingrid,

Tea will be served this evening at 7.30 pm.
    Ingrid won't be there - she's gone North of the border to vote "NO" ; yes has never been in Ingrid's vocabulary, especially when asked to buy jackets for the Rivi HFT team
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    Ingrid won't be there - she's gone North of the border to vote "NO" ; yes has never been in Ingrid's vocabulary, especially when asked to buy jackets for the Rivi HFT team
    True Scottish ancestry eh?

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    True Scottish ancestry eh?
    Yep - short arms/deep pockets
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    Yep - short arms/deep pockets
    He is only going to vote because it is free and he does not want to miss out on anything he does not have to pay for

I went up there to offer them my moral support. http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...l?sort=6&o=181 .... and yes, the badge was free!

I went up there to offer them my moral support.
    Well that was a wasted journey then - you have no morals to support

....and it made no difference either
    Last edited by zooma; 22-10-2014 at 10:14 PM.