Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Thread: Rossendale Model Target Club

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Of course, silly me - I should have said caviare.
    You are confusing us genuine state-sponsored old age pensioners with others from your own elite and privileged society
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    You are confusing us genuine state-sponsored old age pensioners with others from your own elite and privileged society
    And your confusing 'state sponsored' with just plain old tight. Ive heard you've glued pop corn to your ceiling so you dont have to buy a smoke alarm.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

And your confusing 'state sponsored' with just plain old tight. Ive heard you've glued pop corn to your ceiling so you dont have to buy a smoke alarm.
    I don't smoke and can't afford pop corn - and only posh people have ceilings (and glue)

We had a good evening at the club last night and one of the most interesting things that we witnessed was when John G turned-up with one of the much talked about Airforce One air pistols.

Most of us had not actually seen one in the flesh before and had the first chance to have a good "hands-on" inspection and shoot with it.

John had spent some time testing the pistol with extensive chronograph sequences and noticed how much the fps varied from shot to shot. A few hours later in his shed and he had modified the pistol to give a remarkably consistent fps that had very little variation from shot to shot.

The trigger was also tweaked so by the time we got to shoot it the pistol had been "well sorted" and shot very well indeed.

IJ shot some very impressive groups with the pistol and basically everyone was more than impressed with the performance although the grip could do with some work to make it fit and hold better and the rear of the trigger guard was quite uncomfortable and may benefit by having part of it cut away to resolve this problem too.

For the money this is a very impressive little pistol that performs very well and with some minor work it can be made even better. It uses quite a bit of gas if the minimal fps variation and accuracey is to be maintained ( change CO2 capsule after about 40 shots) and with some further work on the grip and trigger guard it could end up being a very good club pistol that has the capability (in the right hands) to embarrass some much more expensive match pistols.

John G is likely to be kept very busy over the next few weeks as his tweaks worked so well !
    Last edited by zooma; 11-03-2015 at 09:49 AM.

For once I agree Bob (ZOOMA). (The medication must be wearing off.)

The Air Force pistol with a few slight tweaks from standard (power, grip, trigger) could give a far more expensive pistol a good run for its money.

When I get mine I will pass it onto John GeeGee for his Snake Spit tuning. Well, I have helped him pick his next motorbike (although he doesn't know that yet).

ATB
    Ian

John has made some more modifications to his Airforce 1 pistol since we last mentioned it on this thread and it is now even better.

Removing the back half of the trigger guard was a great idea as the hand can now hold it correctly and the half guard looks like those on a lot of current match pistols - and it looks better than the full size guard that comes as standard.

The pistol also uses less gas since the work has been done and puts out a regular 400fps - just right for target shooting giving nice clean holes in the target.

John completely stripped and rebuilt the pistol in just a few minutes so I could see the modification he has made to improve the pellet speed and consistency and to lighten the trigger for target work.

More work will be going on in the snake pit this week so we will see what GeeGee comes up with next week to still further improve this super little CO2 pistol - already incomparable to what it was like in it's standard format.
    Last edited by zooma; 20-03-2015 at 03:05 PM.

More work will be going on in the snake pit this week so we will see what GeeGee comes up with next week to still further improve this super little CO2 pistol - already incomparable to what it was like in it's standard format.
    The best improvement is give it me to shoot.

The best improvement is give it me to shoot.
    I think you could also be improved with a few rough edges removed and some small parts chopped off altogether - although your shooting at the moment is very good

I think you could also be improved with a few rough edges removed and some small parts chopped off altogether -
    Form an orderly queue.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Form an orderly queue.
    Gladys first .....then Christine!!
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

The highlight of last nights club meeting was when JG (GeeGee) turned up with a Hammerli Junior CO2 rifle - and what a beautiful thing that was.

It was very light to handle (increasingly important for us old 'uns) and very accurate to shoot.

The first trigger cocked the rifle and also popped up the cylindrical loading port ( just like it does on the Hammerli Master CO2 pistols) and the rearmost trigger is used to shoot it.

8g ( home brew) CO2 caplets are needed to fill it and it was getting about 60 shots until the power dropped off - very respectable.

Needless to say I was very impressed so if anyone has one that needs a new home - please contact me !

IJ will be even more upset when he finds out just how little JG paid for his new toy - and JG also rode up to see me today on his new Black Bess ( also picked up at a very low price)

Things just get better and better for JG..

JG has now made some tools and stripped and rebuilt his Hammerli Junior rifle with new seals and it is now even better and was consistently making single hole groups at 10 meters on the club range last night.

I took my "new to me" 1980 Diana Model 75 HV to the club last night and JG also made one hole groups with that at 10 meters as well so we had a very good night with the two "oldies" ( rifles and shooters) .

We have some RedBob bell targets placed alongside the target holders in the club range and they provide some good alternative targets to shoot at and add a bit of fun to 10 meter practice
    Last edited by zooma; 29-04-2015 at 09:38 AM.

Gamo AF10.

Two potential new members visited the club last night and seemed enjoy themselves - lets hope they enjoyed it enough to come back again !!

One of them brought his own pistols with him and one of these was a GAMO AF10.

I had not seen one of these before but when comparing it with one of the clubs GAMO Compact pistols it just looked like a smaller version of it and could be good for juniors and those that prefer a smaller lighter weight pistol.

Does anyone have any experience with these AF10 pistols ?
    Last edited by zooma; 27-05-2015 at 07:45 PM.

It was a bit quiet at the club last night but it was good to see Silvershooter come across to our humble cellar range to have a chat and a shoot with us.

It must have been like stepping back in time for Dave - we have no electronic target changers so every new target demands a slow 2 x 10 meter sprint to replace the previous one - but we do have good range discipline and the enforced delay can work wonders for the concentration ( sometimes ).

It is always good to put a face to a name and anyone that would like to drop in on us for an evening's air pistol shooting is welcome any Tuesday or Thursday evening between 7 and 10 pm.
    Last edited by zooma; 01-07-2015 at 02:48 PM.

It was good to meet Bob at last, as we had communicated from time to time over the last couple of years.

It's a great set up there at the club, with lots of space behind the shooter which I really like. I was a bit slower than the other shooters but they didn't mind waiting as it sometimes took a few pistol raises to get the shot off.

Hope to visit again sometime now I know where it is.
    Evo 10 Compact.