Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Rossendale Model Target Club

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    I shot both,well I'm not sure shot is the right description,of the 2 the silver star was best,the tempest was just nasty,and cocking it is just a joke.
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
    I shot both,well I'm not sure shot is the right description,of the 2 the silver star was best,the tempest was just nasty,and cocking it is just a joke.
    To be fair, I don't think there is too much to choose between them !

It is only the fact that your top MPL Round One shot has scored so well with an HW45, and repeated a similar performance in Round Two that attracted our interest - the Silver Star is a good looking pistol, and we were amazed that it was capable of scoring so well (one handed) at 10 meters, and because we really like HW and the 45 model, we are making every effort to try and replicate a similar result for ourselves.

We beat Rivvy in the first two rounds of the MPL (sorry to mention this again)- but we are beaten by the HW45 performance and we are responding to the challenge as we would like to close the gap a bit if possible.

If we can do it, the HW45 and the Silver Star will get plenty of use ( because we like them - and they are fun to shoot - and we have 3 of then in the club) - but there must be a secret to it that we have yet to find as the best we can say at this stage is that it is a reasonable likeness of the Colt 45 Government model that is fun to plink with.

....but an accurate 10 metre target pistol it ain't!

We will keep working at it though as John and myself (at least) would like to be able to hit a decent score at 10 meters with these in the "kicker" class.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Steve is a bit harsh with his description of the Webley Tempest. That said I think it will be the Silver Star that I persevere with if I decide to shoot a boinger in the MPL.

Having shot Steve’s Izzie later, for an extended period as he was playing the new Pardini, I must admit to being impressed. It will be interesting to know what you guys think of it when you try it out this week. Just as long as it’s back at Rivi for the last week of the month.

I thought I was being generous
    Home Page:

Quote Originally Posted by Nocity View Post
    Steve is a bit harsh with his description of the Webley Tempest. That said I think it will be the Silver Star that I persevere with if I decide to shoot a boinger in the MPL.

Having shot Steve’s Izzie later, for an extended period as he was playing the new Pardini, I must admit to being impressed. It will be interesting to know what you guys think of it when you try it out this week. Just as long as it’s back at Rivi for the last week of the month.
    Welcome to the HW45 Silver Star assessment group - between us we may find the answer and start to get some good scores with it.

The "industrial stapler" is a nice bit if kit - it has a nice "hold" and is surprisingly light in weight and like all SSP pistols it will be totally recoiless and very smooth to shoot.

I did notice when photographing it that the top "high hat" shaped seal tended to drop down and prevented the loading hatch from closing fully - but a simple push back into place with the thumb and all was well again. I like the look of the Baikel and it should shoot very well - many thanks to Steve for letting me borrow it.

If we see Ian on Tuesday, I will give it to him to bring back so you can get some time in with it. Thanks for bringing it over - I have not had the chance to get my hands on one before and I am very impressed.

I doubt if the Mrs will 'allow' me to visit on Tuesday night.

The good news is my recent sex change operation from male to female went really well.

In fact it was so successful I'm still trying to reverse out of the hospital car park.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    I doubt if the Mrs will 'allow' me to visit on Tuesday night.

The good news is my recent sex change operation from male to female went really well.

In fact it was so successful I'm still trying to reverse out of the hospital car park.

ATB
    Ian
    Welcome back - you have been sadly misssed!

.a sex change eh - that must give you a new Gay marriage status...very interesting for you I would think !

Hope you find your way out of the car park soon!
    Last edited by zooma; 08-10-2012 at 10:23 AM.

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    Will that mean that R M T C now has it`s own Gladys

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Welcome back - you have been sadly misssed!
    That's not a comment on our pistol skills!

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

You have to admit, the club is a lot more fun when Ian is around.

Maybe once he has mastered the pellet box some of the oportunities to have a good laugh may go, but he always does or says something to brighten the day and cause a smile or two.

Ian is also a pretty a tidy pistol shot (as well as being our goodwill ambassador to the Rivvington Club), so he is missed and I for one will be very pleased to see him (or her) back.

We may need to lend a hand with the car parking - especially reversing out at the end of the night - but well worth the effort I say!
    Last edited by zooma; 09-10-2012 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    You have to admit, the club is a lot more fun when Ian is around.

Maybe once he has mastered the pellet box some of the oportunities to have a good laugh may go, but he always does or says something to brighten the day and cause a smile or two.

Thats usually "goodbye!"

ATB
    TC1
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Thats usually "goodbye!"

ATB
    TC1
    ......and sometimes - "let me make the tea"........no sorry about that (wrong person) so its just the "goodbye" then !

Did you try the stapler Bob?
    Home Page:

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
    Did you try the stapler Bob?
    Yep - the targets don't fall off the holders now what size are the staples you use?? They're running out fast......
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

If they pierce the targets then the staples will have to be .177, or they won't count!

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<