Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Rossendale Model Target Club

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
    Did you try the stapler Bob?
    No - I heard Ian was not able to come this week so I kept it safe back home but will give it a try when I give it back for him to return to you.

I am off to Norfolk tomorrow, but I should be at the club on Tuesday and will take it with me - and I would love to have a few shots with it.

Thanks for lettting me see it and allowing me to take the pictures for bobsairguns.

http://bobsairguns.com/index.php?opt...ery&Itemid=119
    Last edited by zooma; 11-10-2012 at 08:53 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

It was a pleasent surprise to see Ian back at the RMTC last night - I will take the "stapler" to the club on Tuesday and ask Ian if he can take it to Rivvy to give back to Steve next week.

Next week is also when we all need to shoot our Round Three MPL cards - and the RMTC members also need to complete their Dorset League cards and hand them over to Geoff for scoring.

......could be a very busy week and I suggest the RMTC members complete their Dorset League cards this week to reduce the workload next week so they can concentrate on their MPL cards.

It was good to be back! I'd missed Jackies brews - far better than anything 'Gladys' can cobble together and shes better looking. (Gladys looks like something youd find in a bait box with an unlit pipe hanging out of it. )
    I shot my Dorset cards last night but didn't have my thinking heed on. It must be with shooting the FWB65 so much recently. I forgot to keep an eye on the air level, yes, a very beginners mistake. Even when the groups started to drop all I did was wind up the rear sight. Ah well. I deserve a poor score for stupidity.
    I also noticed that shooting on a full stomach didn't help. Usually I have my main meal after shooting but not on this occasion.
    Any other RMTC pistols shooters a recipe for disaster?
    Bob - I think you will find there is two Tuesdays left in this month (23rd & 30th) to shoot the MPL. I thought it was coming around quick! At least weve mastered the stickers now.

I cant wait to get my hands on Steves stapler.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Good news about gaining an extra Tuesday's shooting for the MPL this month - it was begining to get a bit hectic with the first two rounds of the Dorset League needed next week as well !

Daft really - we all had plenty of time to plan everything carefully - but as usual we wait until somebody else reminds us that we have been a bit slow on the uptake and then charge about in a blind panic!

.......and I am sure we will do exactly the same again next time as well!

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    I can't wait to get my hands on Steve's stapler.

ATB
    Ian
    New disc fitted to the angle grinder Ian??
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    New disc fitted to the angle grinder Ian??
    Revenge is a sweet best served cold.

Revenge is a sweet best served cold.
    Like Gladys' tea
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

I will take the stapler to RMTC on Tuesday night.

So far I have shot a different pistol in each round of the MPL - just to keep the fun element alive and to have a go with just about anything .177 that is MPL legal.

I am tempted to use the stapler - but I have already decided to have a go with a "kicker" this month and have a mint GAMO Falcon looking for a new home so I will shoot Round 3 with that one before it goes to see how I get on with it.

.....but I will have a go with the Baikel - it looks nice ( in its own industrial way) !

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

Has anyone seen GORDON?

I am sorry to report that we have lost Gordon again!

Would you please check before you lock the doors and turn the lights off that he is not still inside behind a door or stuck inside a cupboard or the toilet.

Please also check any out-buildings or sheds as he may have strayed into one and got himself trapped inside.

He is a friendly chap who answers to the name "Gordon" when callled, and occasionally "oy you" and can be tempted by a nice cup of tea, so if you see him please let us know so we can collect him and bring him home in time to shoot his match cards this week.

We are considering making some posters with his picture on them and asking for help to post them in all the clubs and gun shops in the area.

Any help with this would be appreciated .

Lost a member?

Dont worry - you can have some of Rivis finest. Weve got a special offer on at the moment - 'Loose one member and you get 10 free' AND we give Tesco club points. I will get them lines up and herded over the hill next next week then you will be able to hand the 'industrial stapler' back in person and meet Gladys and Christine.

ATB
    Ian

I will get them lined up and herded over the hill next next week
    ATB
    Ian
    You bought a sheepdog then Ian?

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    You bought a sheepdog then Ian?
    IF I did buy a dog it wouldn't be a Labrador as everyone I see with one has gone blind!

Sheepdog? No! Ive just bought an ex Chorley police department tazzer. (Only been used once ). THAT should get them moving.

ATB
    Ian

We Have Found GORDON!

OK - we can all relax now - we have found GORDON!

He was found straying about at his place of work but seems to have been able to find something to drink and has said he will be at RMTC on Thursday to shoot his Dorset League cards and Round 3 MPL.

We are thinking about getting him "chipped" so if he is found in a strange area he can be scanned and returned home safely.

Most of the RMTC have now completed their Rounds 1 and 2 Dorset League cards and their Round 3 MPL cards, so we are hoping we can get all of the outstanding cards completed on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    We are thinking about getting him "chipped" so if he is found in a strange area he can be scanned and returned home safely.
    Some of the Rivi members are 'chipped' - or as the 'trick cyclist' prefers to call it - 'cracked'.

ATB
    TC1