Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Rossendale Model Target Club

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    It's not waterproof Bob,as intended for indoor 10m,but a plastic box over the top would protect the electric bitCost under £10 so far plus some bits lying around at home.Cycled over 200 targets through it last night without a problem.
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
    It's not waterproof Bob,as intended for indoor 10m,but a plastic box over the top would protect the electric bitCost under £10 so far plus some bits lying around at home.Cycled over 200 targets through it last night without a problem.
    I would definately like to have one of those please, and it could be a good idea for RMTC as well!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

What did you score then?
    I didn't score them Steve as I leave that up to Jeffs capable hands (and eyes ) but as you know a quick glance at a target can usually get you to within 3 or 4 of the score. Suffice to say I had a couple of clover leaf groups in the 9/10 ring rather than in the 7 ring.

The ultimate test will be - can Kev work it without breaking it? Will Christine know what to do?

ATB
    TC1
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post

The ultimate test will be - can Kev work it without breaking it? Will Christine know what to do?

ATB
    TC1
    No problem, the hen house has target changers, but RMTC only has legs and can probably make good used of something like that whilst we are waiting for our new club house to be built.
    Last edited by zooma; 31-10-2012 at 01:22 PM.

Hopefully this will work(the link,not the changer)I can build stuff but puters I can just about do what I need to
    http://youtu.be/oH9OSkaSF6A
    Home Page:

Hopefully this will work(the link,not the changer)I can build stuff but puters I can just about do what I need to
    The link works - and that is a great idea - do you have a supply of old printers?

I would definately like to try one of these and put some sort of protection infront of the printer to save it from getting punctured.

Well done - excellent!

There's a massive supply of old ink jets on Bob.The epson was just what I had lying around.But you can buy a brand new printer for approx £20 these days so even that wouldn't be to bad.I'm going to have a look round for a small printer now that I know it works.Hmm who do we know that can do sheet metal?
    Actually you may be able to help on this as the bit I would like to improve is the part holding the target in position.Its just a magnetic solenoid 24v with a pin that moves in and out.I have improvised by putting part of a pen spring in it so it pushes out for the target to sit on,when the button is pressed to index the target it also energises the solenoid pulling the pin in so the target can fall through.Hence the stroke length is reduced to about 4mm.I thought about using a servo but this would need controlling somehow,not hard but cost more.The solenoid was £1 and the whole idea was to make it as cheap as possible.
    Over to you if you have an idea.
    Forgot to mention the solenoid is 24v but I only had a 16vDC transformer so I dont know if getting a 24V one would give it that little bit more power to depress the spring more so giving more stroke length.
    Home Page:

Not just a pretty face eh?

With a bit of work it could print the targets before you shoot them.
    Just one question. Which idiot ( ) is going to stand next to the printer pressing the button or are you inventing a 10m long arm/hand to press it? In that case - cant the 10m long arm/hand put another target into the target box?

ATB
    Einstein the 2nd

Even you can work that one out I'm sure
    Home Page:

Even you can work that one out I'm sure

Christine?

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Christine?
    Its always best to have a willing volunteer - especially one that knows nothing about it!

Thanks for lending me your 6M to picture for bobsairguns Gordon.

I accepted your invitation to shoot if after you had gone - and I agree the trigger on yours is absolutley "pants" - no feel to it at all, no first stage - it just goes off when it feels like it with almost no trigger pressure at all - dangerous I would say!

Anyway, it is a lovely looking pistol and I am very pleased you have let me photograph it - and I know the Model 6 triggers are most definately not normally like yours is at this moment - no wonder you choose not to shoot it !

I will try to find some instructions to see which screws to play with to tame the beast back to safety - if I can't find any I will use the Model 66 info I have as I susect there will be some family continuity between them - lets face it - I can't make it any worse, and if I can make it shoot as good as it looks you will have a lovely pistol to play with.

Try not to get lost again - I have your pistol remember.......now where did I put it?

Anyone seen GORDON'S pistol?

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Its always best to have a willing volunteer - especially one that knows nothing about it!
    She knows nowt about owt!

I have the model 6 manual in pdf if you want it.

The trigger is a bugger to get right though, took me agree to get mine somewhere decent, but it's still far from ideal.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Quote Originally Posted by p.m.h View Post
    I have the model 6 manual in pdf if you want it.

The trigger is a bugger to get right though, took me agree to get mine somewhere decent, but it's still far from ideal.

Kind regards,

Phil
    Thanks Phil - pease send it over to my email addy and I will make a start on it for Gordon - then we can all enjoy using it untill he finds his way back again (might need a new spring by then though).