Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Rossendale Model Target Club

I think we have got the pellet arresting part of it sorted OK - it is the overall width and type of material used as a second screen to go behind the bell target trap we have already made that concerns me.

Do we need one - have we done enough already?

I was hoping somebody with active bell target experience would pick up on this and offer some advice as they tend to be a fairly nomadic lot that travel to shoot in various locations every week - and so they must have sorted this problem out years ago as they too will need to protect some of the posh properties they shoot in.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

RMTC - a couple more new members this week.

Despite the very cold weather and foggy conditions we have gained a couple more new members this week - just what we need to pay the extra rent and to add some more diversity to the ongoing banter!

The bell target test went well, so we need a few more Thursday night members so we can afford the rent for the main hall and other rooms now that we have the place to ourselves on Thursday nights.

The 10 metre pistol range in the cellar will remain open on Tuesdays and Thursdays as now.
    Last edited by zooma; 11-01-2013 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Despite the very cold weather and foggy conditions we have gained a couple more new members this week - just what we need to pay the extra rent and to add some more diversity to the ongoing banter!
    'Banter' What banter? Every time Ive attended its Match Order only and Im as quiet as the church mouse - literally.
    Pass the Edam.

ATB
    TC1
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    'Banter' What banter? Every time Ive attended its Match Order only and Im as quiet as the church mouse - literally.
    Pass the Edam.

ATB
    TC1
    I don't recall ever hearing the "Carbon Kid" referred to as being "as quiet as the church mouse" - probably missed that due to all the noise

It was good to see the bell target "trial" go well on Thursday.

After a few sessions we'll have the set up/take down to a fine art.

I am currently carrying out some research for the easiest and most efficient way of lighting the targets, and have a few ideas.

Oddly enough, a swan neck light fitting, that is usually placed on top of, and over hanging, kitchen units seems a very versatile and relatively cheap option. Being halogen they should give a good bright white light. I just need to check how adjustable they are.

The one I was looking at was just over £10 for 3, including the transformer.
    Having a few disciplines going at once will certainly reduce waiting time for a lane, and keep members shooting.

See everybody soon.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Thanks Phil,

Its good to have you taking on the challenge of finding suitable lighting for the RedBob bell targets.

.no obvious solution - the hood casts a shadow if lit from above - and not much room to fit lighting inside the hood lid - but your LED idea could be good.......likewise the gooseneck.......

I'd have thought a white stick for some of the members would be more useful.

Work Party

We have managed to get some "rubble bags" so we can now start to clear the range of all of the unnecessary "clagg" that is hanging about ready for us to make a few basic repairs and get some new paint on the walls.

John W may also have found us some Magnolia coloured paint to do the side walls, and Jackie has already provided a tub of white paint for the ceiling (once we have patched up the couple of areas that need some attention).

We need to buy some black or dark green paint for the end wall and things will begin to look a lot smarter very quickly.

Once that is done we can look at finding a qualified "sparky" to take a look at adding a couple of fresh sockets as Andi has found a couple of heaters that will help to make us very cosy.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    We have managed to get some "rubble bags" so we can now start to clear the range of all of the unnecessary "clagg" that is hanging about ready for us to make a few basic repairs and get some new paint on the walls.

John W may also have found us some Magnolia coloured paint to do the side walls, and Jackie has already provided a tub of white paint for the ceiling (once we have patched up the couple of areas that need some attention).

We need to buy some black or dark green paint for the end wall and things will begin to look a lot smarter very quickly.

Once that is done we can look at finding a qualified "sparky" to take a look at adding a couple of fresh sockets as Andi has found a couple of heaters that will help to make us very cosy.
    I've had about 20 heavy duty rubble sacks delivered to me today by a friend as well, so we should have plenty.

I'm still waiting for an answer on the heaters, but will hopefully have an answer by the weekend.

Any ideas on when the work party will be happening?

Quote Originally Posted by karandras View Post
    I've had about 20 heavy duty rubble sacks delivered to me today by a friend as well, so we should have plenty.

I'm still waiting for an answer on the heaters, but will hopefully have an answer by the weekend.

Any ideas on when the work party will be happening?
    Well done Andi,

Lets see who is willing to help and when - we can ask everyone at the club tomorrow, but I am aware of the predicted heavy snowfall forecast for Friday, and that could put a bit of a kybosh on it this weekend.

Breaking News - the snow may have changed direction - and if we are lucky it will miss us !

Carbon League on the 10 meter range tonight, and Bell Target in the main hall.

Also, just bought some gas for the cellar heater - got to keep those pinkies warm!

I have some LED light ideas, along with the lights themselves, to try out, and round 8 of the Dorset to shoot, so should be a productive night.

We can also look at the suggested locations for the heaters, to see what is required.

I do think some of the range lights need some shielding on the front end, as they do glare a bit from certain lane positions.

I am always happy to help out.

See everybody later on.

Kind regards,

Phil

Well we managed to clear a fair bit of the rubbish from the range tonight, and if we can keep shifting it we will soon be ready for stage two - the repair and painting bit!

The bell target is getting well used and looks like being a big success for us, and the Classic Carbon League brought a few CO2 Feinwerkbau pistols out from retirement and onto the range tonight, my C20 was already set up and performed superbly as always.

The C10 and the Model 2 Compact were also getting a dusting off and also getting used to idea of working again, so hopefully they will both be fully sorted and in action next week.

I will also dig out my Model 2 and take that down next week as well so the carbon bug is getting a grip!

The top five MPL shots from the first series of the League were awarded with their medals tonight, and as soon as I can find out how to put photos on here, I will put a picture up showing the RMTC medal winners.
    Last edited by zooma; 17-01-2013 at 10:52 PM.

Club Website

What does everybody think about a club website?

I have plenty of space left on my server, so would happily host it, and it wouldn't cost.

RMTC seems quick popular, so many domain variations are already taken.

www.rmtc.org.uk is available though, or I could check others if anybody else has an alternative suggestion.

Shouldn't take long to write the code, and I'd be happy to get writing if everybody thinks it would be useful.

Kind regards,

Phil
    Last edited by p.m.h; 18-01-2013 at 06:12 PM.

Rivington Riflemen as well as other North West clubs have a 'Clubs Section' on here; http://www.nwaf.eu/forum/index.php

Individuals just have to apply for membership and they can have a private section for their members only while at the same time see whats going involving all forms of air gunning through out the area.

HTH
    Ian