Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Rossendale Model Target Club

phil> If nothing else it could be good for bringing in new members, highlighting the events & competitions.

Have a word with bob and see what he says phil.

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    Quote Originally Posted by p.m.h View Post
    What does everybody think about a club website?

I have plenty of space left on my server, so would happily host it, and it wouldn't cost.

RMTC seems quick popular, so many domain variations are already taken.

www.rmtc.org.uk is available though, or I could check others if anybody else has an alternative suggestion.

Shouldn't take long to write the code, and I'd be happy to get writing if everybody thinks it would be useful.

Kind regards,

Phil
    Good idea Phil... Webmaster

What does everybody think about a club website?

I have plenty of space left on my server, so would happily host it, and it wouldn't cost.

RMTC seems quick popular, so many domain variations are already taken.

www.rmtc.org.uk is available though, or I could check others if anybody else has an alternative suggestion.

Shouldn't take long to write the code, and I'd be happy to get writing if everybody thinks it would be useful.

Kind regards,

Phil

Hi Phil,

I have asked you to check the rules of the Bell Target shooting and other things that you have been unsure of on the CLUB SITE we already have SEVERAL TIMES since you first started visiting RMTC !!!!

So I cannot understand why you say we do not have a site - and why have you not visited it when invited to do so to check things you have been unsure of?

This site has been LIVE FOR SINCE APRIL 2011 and includes very IMPORTANT INFORMATION such as the CLUB CONSTITUTION, CLUB RULES, MPL RULES, EAST LANCS BELL TARGET RULES, COMPETITION NEWS.......and more.

The site has been updated as recently as this afternoon, and old news removed when appropriate over the last 12 - 14 months since we have been using it. The revised MPL scoring system is recorded here for everyones reference - along with the full set of rules for the MPL and the East Lancs Bell Target League.

If you forget the site address you can type Rossendale Model Target Club into Google (or your favourite search engine) or just look across the index the next time you visit www.bobsairguns.com where the site is hosted free of charge.

PLEASE take a look at it !!!!!

We have had lots of visitors to our site as well as our own club members - many of whom have been generous enough to compliment it and our rules and the professional way we try to run the club - all well illustrated on our CLUB SITE.

You should find it very interesting and hopefully answer the questions you have been unsure about concerning the MPL and our own Bell Target Competition etc.
    Last edited by zooma; 21-01-2013 at 03:13 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

You mean ...... youve got a web site?

Ive been on the site today and feel the photos on the MPL section: http://bobsairguns.com/index.php?opt...=25&Itemid=114 should carry a health warning.

ATB
    TC1
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Rossendale Model Target Club Site

It seems hard to believe that some members of our club do not know that we have our own web site !

This is where we display our Rules and Club Constitution and should be the first source of reference for any enquiries about anything to do with the club.

Earlier today the first series results for the MPL were removed as we "clear the clutter" and make way for the second MPL season that starts this month. We also have a good record of this information here on the various BBS threads.

The MPL rules have been displayed here since before the MPL started, and has been where we have referred all enquiries to them. These rules have also been downloaded and copied on several good related sites such as this one for everyones convenience .

The East Lancs Bell Target rules are also displayed here in readiness for the competition to start, and the Classic Carbon League Rules will be displayed here as soon as I have completed writing them.

Information on all the competitions we have entered is also recorded here along with any other helpful information we can think of or have ever been requested for.

We also have our own new forum for internal club use hosted independently by the NW clubs site ( check with Ian for more details).

It is a shame not to use these good resources as a lot of work goes into creating them and maintaining them.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post

We also have our own new forum for internal club use hosted independently by the NW clubs site ( check with Ian for more details).
    http://nwaf.eu/forum/index.php?board=49.0 I mentioned the N.W.Assc site earlier on here and today posted on this site last nights MPL medal presentation photos and the new rules for the next round of the series.

HTH
    Ian

Well, pardon me for showing an interest, and not being psychic.

Perhaps I haven't read the rules because I DIDN'T KNOW WHERE TO LOOK.

I don't ever recall being informed the official website was bobsairguns, and judging by some of the above comments, neither do others.

Not impressed by the response in the slightest!
    I think we can agree that I am not too impressed with your answer either!

You do not need to be psychic when I have already advised you to check the various things I have referred you to on our club site - I would not do this if we did not have a site now would I?

Please check our club site as it will answer many of the questions you have asked since you joined us.

bobsairguns.com has hosted the site free of charge since the club was started in April 2011.

I have added this link to my signature to help club members find the site quickly anytime they would like to access it.
    Last edited by zooma; 19-01-2013 at 08:14 AM.

Target Lighting

Started the prototype bell target light on Saturday, and finished it today.

Not a complicated, or long winded process, just too cold to stay out in the garage for long, even with the heater on full.

It can be moved from flush up against the front edge of the main wooden frame to about 14cm projected.

Obvious balance issues with this, but some 12mm holes filled with lead, then covered with a foam pad, soon solved this problem.

Hopefully it'll perform well and give the flexibility of being able to be moved anywhere, and not being permanently fixed or wired in to one location.

If the 3 x AAA batteries prove not very long lasting, then it would be simple enough to make it run from a small adaptor.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

RedBob Bell Target Lighting.

Thanks for making the effort Phil - it will be good to test your idea on Thursday night as the only problem we have with the RedBob targets is getting them lit well enough to satisfy everyone.

The shallow hood makes it hard to find enough space inside it on the narow ledge thats left above the target face to fit a suitable light, and any outside light that shines down on it can cast a shadow from the hood

Maybe we should just light a couple of candles and go right back to the original and traditional method?

...but your idea sounds a lot better!

Longer term - maybe we can make a replacement hood. If we remove the flat ( carriage clock looking) top and fit a taller hood shaped one with enough height to accomodate a light bulb and a perspex screen to defuse the light and protect the bulb we will have the best solution of all.

I will suggest this to Nocity as he could be just the guy to sort this out for the RB targets in both our local clubs.

Started the prototype bell target light on Saturday, and finished it today.
    Nice one Phil, are you bringing it along tomorrow night?

If not chuck up a couple of pics please.

Won't be down until Thursday, but I'll bring it with me then.

If I got my calcs right, it should light the target perfectly, even with the top lid closed.

Pics attached, showing the adjustment range I built into it:-

This should be more than enough, and it's easily moveable to other places.

Excuse the quality of the pics. It's getting late and I rushed them a bit.

I also kept the size small for quick loading.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

nice one Phil.

See you on thursday.

Nocity to the rescue?

I spoke with John ( nocity) this morning and we looked at the possibility of welding up some replacement hoods to fit the RedBob targets so we have enough space to have a light fitting with a low enegery bulb protected by a 1/4" perspex shield to protect the bulb and to difuse the light nicely onto the target.

We looked at an altenative bell target that I have here, and after some head scratching and measuring John has made a drawing for a new taller hood to replace the standard "carriage clock" lid that will do the job for us.

We have three RedBob targets at RMTC and probably the same again at Rivvy, so once the prototype has been tested a short production run should mean the two clubs have well lit targets in both clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    I spoke with John ( nocity) this morning and we looked at the possibility of welding up some replacement hoods to fit the RedBob targets so we have enough space to have a light fitting with a low enegery bulb protected by a 1/4" perspex shield to protect the bulb and to difuse the light nicely onto the target.

We looked at an altenative bell target that I have here, and after some head scratching and measuring John has made a drawing for a new taller hood to replace the standard "carriage clock" lid that will do the job for us.

We have three RedBob targets at RMTC and probably the same again at Rivvy, so once the prototype has been tested a short production run should mean the two clubs have well lit targets in both clubs.
    And while I was there I forgot to pick up the MPL StickersI'll get some stick tonight now for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocity View Post
    And while I was there I forgot to pick up the MPL StickersI'll get some stick tonight now for that.
    No such thing. (Well, maybe when I get back home safely! )

Apparently studies have shown handling lead causes short term memory loss.

Next they will be saying that handling lead causes short term memory loss .

ATB
    TC1